Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Selling at Christmas Bazaar >

Selling at Christmas Bazaar

Selling at Christmas Bazaar

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 AM

Wink

Originally Posted by LivelyLady View Post
Last year as the craft fair all the small items sold quickly, the large ones didn't move much. I noticed with other crafters, too. I think it was part economy and part small town. I wished I had made more quilted pictures holder small wall hangings......20 of them sold in the first 15 minutes.
I have never seen a quilted picture holder. do you have a pic?
Old 11-17-2011, 05:26 AM

several posts on this thread mentioned having business cards. These are not expensive. You can get free cards (pay postage) from vistaprint.com

We got these for our quilt guild with contact and meeting times. For this we got creative putting the info in the address spaces, but it worked.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:44 AM

This is great, all of you have great ideas.

Cookie
Old 11-17-2011, 05:58 AM

I think what you have listed will do very well. I just did a Christmas Craft Show at my church last weekend. I sold mostly purses, but also sold some table runners, lap quilts and I sold one large quilt. Most of what I sold had an Autumn or Christmas theme. What didn't sell (and surprised me, because I only had $3 on them) were my oven towels, but there were a lot of other vendors selling towels....and purse, too. I had fun talking with everyone. Good luck with your sale.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 AM

Be careful with the potato bags. Everyone now says you have to have 100% cotton. What they don't realise is that it catches fire easily. I went back to the polyester stuffing we used to use with no problem. I have had reports of 4 of the 6 100% cotton bags catching fire the first time they were used.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:01 AM

It changes every year as to what people will buy. I agree what you don't sell you will have as gifts.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:08 AM

At the craft festival that I just did a lady had made some little purses (with shoulder straps) and on either sides of the purse were crayons...just like in you picture. It was adorable.

Originally Posted by hperttula123 View Post
Here is one of the crayon rolls I made. They go together pretty quick too.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:12 AM

Lightbulb Pincushions!

You can make little pincushions so easily, and if you make each one different (fabric, shape, etc.) people know they have an original. Just be sure to put a few pins in each one, so that buyers know what they are looking at.

I can never have enough pincushions!

Georgia Clark
Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 AM

My DD does Avon shows and brings some of my raggy items to sell. The baby burp cloths have been a good seller for us. The latest ones I'm making are super simple. Sandwich 3 layers of flannel; size about 8" by 20" stitch about 1/2" from edge of fabrics; clip the edges. If you pay $3 a yard for the flannel, costs about $1 to make one; I have a price of $3.50 each. I'll take a photo when I wash the latest ones.
I love the ideas that are being posted here. I'm also interested in the prices; can anyone share? Like, the prices for crayon rolls, snap coin purses, business card holders, mini-quilt ornaments, microwave bowls and microwave mitts, and rag and braided wreaths.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:30 AM

I saw a tute on here for Microwave bowls, thought I might make some for gifts. Set them up with a bowl inside of it. I think it is a nice looking decorative item as well as useful. Here is the link to the tute.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...s-t144848.html