Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Selling at Christmas Bazaar >

Selling at Christmas Bazaar

Selling at Christmas Bazaar

Old 11-17-2011, 05:25 PM

The last couple of shows there were people looking for rice bags and no one had any. Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:25 PM

I have always liked shoe bags and jewelry bags for your suitcases. I only use ones that are very girly (satin, velvet, lacy, for my bag) and very masculine for DH's bag (plaid soft wool or flannel, pro sport logo fabric, etc.) That's so I don't grab a bag to put my heels in only to find he had stuffed his golf shoes in it on a previous business trip. The jewelry bags that have clear vinyl on the pocket side are best so that when you open them up you can see at a glance what is in each pocket. Good luck on your craft show.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:55 PM

First is an infinity scarf. They seem to be pretty popular at the stores. Depending on the fabric you use, soft cotton knits for the younger crowd, polys for the more adult crowd. Here is the link to a tute, I use 1/2 yard of fabric when I make mine: (its at the bottom of the page) http://www.simplydove.com/search/label/Sewing In this tute, she makes her scarf longer than I do. I thought hers was a little too long. I believe I shortened it by about seven inches. My colleges and high school daughters just love these.

Another thing I saw which was really cute was a coffee cup cozy. It doesn't take much fabric at all. Use one of the little carboard ones that you get at Caribou or Starbucks as your template. I put fusible batting inside. Close with a chunky button, held with a elastic hair pony (then you can use lots of colors and it's very stretchy). Below is a link to a picture of how to display it for a teachers gift

http://pinterest.com/pin/103793966381614444/
Old 11-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

Not a quilted item, but something I always look for:

The crocheted nylon scrubbies - for $1.00 - I bought 20 of them last year. They make great stocking stuffers - when I'm willing to share them!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 PM

I also have my 1st craft show the firsr weekend in December. Have made casserole totes and table runners. Hope I don't bring home too much. Good luck with yours
Old 11-17-2011, 08:53 PM

Great ideas everyone ... one thing that is still popular are I Spy bags ... armchair caddies for remotes ... eyeglass cases ... pincushions ... mugs with cover for sewing tools ... gift card holders ... appliqued hand towels ... potholders ... mini potholders/pot pinchers ... potholder first-aid kits ... small inexpensive things.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 PM

I would be looking for things to take to church potluck dinners like casserole totes, cake plate totes, etc. things that made it easier to take the food to and from the car and to identify the dish on the serving table. That type of thing I would buy even if I thought money was too tight for anything else.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 AM

What is a quilted picture holder and where do I get pattern. also would like the potato pouch Please pm me - will never find this back lol thanks cheryl

Originally Posted by LivelyLady View Post
Last year as the craft fair all the small items sold quickly, the large ones didn't move much. I noticed with other crafters, too. I think it was part economy and part small town. I wished I had made more quilted pictures holder small wall hangings......20 of them sold in the first 15 minutes.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:56 AM

Last year I did several craft shows and my best seller was the crayon bags, they hold a coloring book, and there are individual slots on the outside of the bag for the crayons, Im not doing craft shows this year, but I have had people calling me to order them this year.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 AM

We just finished a craft bazaar and we nearly sold out of everything...what went the fastest and the best????:

Small table runners, stockings, adult bibs, pillow cases, scissor holders that hang on the wall, casserole carriers, aprons, decorated dish towels and fingertip towels, pot holders, place mats, childrens hair bows and ornaments, and then there's the baked goods which sold out almost immediately....I made peanut brittle and also divinity. I filled quart canning jars and decorated the tops with scrap batting and Christmas fabric and ties a bow around the lip of the lid. I filled a dozen jars...the sale opened at 9am and mine were all gone in 45 minutes.
Good luck with your sale.