Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sew little time >

sew little time

sew little time

Old 07-25-2010, 06:13 AM

I have so little time to spend on my quilt I help my husband, look after my mother and 45 cats plus kittens but after nearly a month I can almost see the end maybe a few more days and then i will post a picture for you all to see. it is only my 3rd quilt and the biggest yet, for my queensize bed, and so saying I am of to bed.
I so much enjoy all you comments to everyone, they are always so possitive, congratulations on such a lovely forum.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:15 AM

How to Chinese move a mountain??? One stone at a time......keep working as you can, you will be less fruatrated than if you try to rush and make a mistake. Will be looking forward to what you are doing!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 AM

45 Cats??? Please tell me that is your profession! I love cats a lot, but not enough to have more than 2. Maybe 3.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM

Holy Cow! 45 cats plus kittens? Do you run a rescue shelter?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
45 Cats??? Please tell me that is your profession! I love cats a lot, but not enough to have more than 2. Maybe 3.
yes I am a cat breeder, the kitten on my avatar is called miss pretty I bred her myself and she got best Scottish fold long hair for 2009 I also got breeder of the year for the second time in 2 years.
my husband makes cat scratching furniture and i help by cutting the chipboard on a big saw, to all the different sizes he neads from great big sheets, fortunately we have a table saw to make it easier, I also look after my mum who is 92 years old and only 1 leg who has had MS since I was a little baby. I have to do everything for her except feed her, so as you can see life is pretty full, if I wake up during the night I often spend a hour or so on my quilt so it is a slow process but so far I am really happy with it, I know I have made mistakes and I will have to hand sew some of the seems on the back as the back is stitched on at the same time as the front and batting. and I have missed a few spots where the backing has moved, but I am learning from my mistakes and am making less now I know to check more often before I put the next row on. I am of to bed as it is night time here in australia so good night all talk again soon hopefully with some pictures
Old 07-25-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
How to Chinese move a mountain??? One stone at a time......keep working as you can, you will be less fruatrated than if you try to rush and make a mistake. Will be looking forward to what you are doing!
I agree!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

I can't wait to see your quilt. Your life is so full I can see why there is just a little time for quilting. Just get it done as you can.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Wow Lita, you sound like an amazing woman. I am certainly in awe of you. I am looking forward to seeing this quilt you are making. It sounds as if it is made with a lot of love.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 PM

took a little break from the quilt this morning (2.30 AM) I woke up and decided to use a piece I picked up in a lot of fabric bits & pieces I got from the op shop the centre is just a bit of curtain I think, I will post it as soon as it is finished, in about an hour or so.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

Look forward to seeing it Lita...great to see you are able to take a little time to do something for your own enjoyment.