Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sewing after Surgery, have you done it?

Glad to hear you are well on the way to recovery.

Just a word on the adjustable office chair...be sure to give it a good long trial 'sit' before purchasing and get them to thoroughly demonstrate all the adjustments...if you get a chair that doesn't 'fit' properly it will NOT be comfortable for very long.

You don't have to get an expensive one, but some of the cheapies are not comfy at all, even for 10-15 minutes. You should be able to get a good one for around $60-$100. Any cheaper and it may not be good quality...unless you happen to hit the right sale! I found one at a yard sale for $10 that was a perfect fit and it's still in good condition after several years of use.

What if you put something behind your sewing machine to tilt the backside up towards you. A lot of quilters do this just for the ease of viewing.

As far as cutting material, I cut right next to my sewing machine and just roll the chair over there to do my cutting sitting down. I can sit and cut most everything unless its long borders.

Blog Entries
    i had heart surgery two years go i couldn't do much the first two week but after tat i did all hand work that how i got threw till i can sew again with machine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2