Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing machine cabinet

Sewing machine cabinet

It's my birthday today and my husband wants to buy me a new cabinet for my brother dream creator machine.
    I currently use a table with a sew steady insert but would like a table the machine can be set in so quilting would be easier.
    I'll like to stay below $2500.
    I'll appreciate any suggestions please. I don't want a diy project as my life is too busy and we don't have any experience lol.
    Any mother's day sales out there?

Horn cabinets are very nice. And they all have a bigger opening for the bigger machines. Here's their website: https://www.hornofamerica.com/
    Annette in Utah

Power Poster
    Wow - nice gift!

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Sewezi tables are nice. I have a Horn cabinet but if i had my time again i would purchase the Sewezi. Portable so can take to retreats and comes in two sizes.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

Happy Birthday!

I have a Horn cabinet that my Daddy bought for me 35 years ago.
    I LOVE my cabinet. The sewing machine lifter no longer "lifts" so I just keep it in the raised position.
    I recently went to a quilt show and stopped by the Horn booth in order to purchase another cabinet, but the Horn representative there completely ignored me and I never got any assistance. So I left. Decided to keep using my 35 year old cabinet. Saved a boat-load of money! LOL
    Sheep Farmer by day ~ Learning to Quilt by night

Thanks. I'm looking at the horn cabinet 5280. Is there anyone who has this one our similar?

I have the 3280 which is very similar - Only difference I see is the lift up table on the right side. I also do not have the drawer cabinet. I don't think you can go wrong with your choice. The tables are very sturdy.

Thanks. I'll look at the 3280 also

I have had a Horn cabinet for a number of years and really like it. It was a lot less than $2500.

How very nice! Hope you find what you want.
    I love having my machines in cabinets - My Janome MC6600, the Singer 15-91 and my Damascus treadle. So when
    I bought a Husqvarna Sewing/Embroidery machine -(I use it primarily for embroidery) - but I wanted to be able to use it for sewing also. So I bought the SewEz table - you tell them what machine you have and the make the custom insert so your machine sets into. I also got the insert that makes the table a flat surface. It is a portable table - it has wheels on one end so once it is folded, it is easy to move. It is sturdy - but not a cabinet. They have a companion table that you can set up next to it for more space, it also folds away when not in use.
    I have a sewing room but it also has a murphy bed so I want to be able to push my sewing machines aside and use the bed when necessary. (My room is only 15 x 18).
    Last edited by quiltingcandy; 05-08-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful birthday gift. I don't know where you are located. My hubby bought me a beautiful oak sewing cabinet that was made from a woodshop in Myerstown, PA, Lebanon county. It has eight drawers, two fold out side boards. They make the cabinet top to fit whatever kind of machine you have. The shop is called Hornings. The cabinet is their large sized one...it was under $1200.00. The drawers are all dovetailed. They also have about 14 different finishes and lots of handles and knobs to choose from. Enjoy!

Love my Horn. I was lucky and patient enough to find one on craigslist. I wish the lift was electric, but I rarely drop my machine down anyway. They are very heavy, so put it where you want it the first time!

Happy Birthday!

I like Horn cabinets too.
    Save the Earth!

Itís the only planet with Chocolate.

Do you have a quilt expo coming to your area? Can get some awesome deals.

I have been considering the SewEzi, but would like to see one in person. It gets excellent reviews. Do you like it? Did you get the standard size or the grande?