Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine/Embroidery Machine issues >

Sewing Machine/Embroidery Machine issues

Sewing Machine/Embroidery Machine issues

Old 12-10-2012, 03:32 PM

My thought, always, with any kind of problem like this, with any kind of machine, is to contact the dealer/company - especially if you have already tried all of the well know, likely fixes (changing your needle, rethreading, using a new bobbin, turning the machine off for 5 minutes, etc). I know that so many members of these boards have a wealth of experience with mal-functioning machines, but for my money, once non of the normal fixes work, it is well worth spending the money to have a certified tech look at the machines.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Are you getting a thread nest in the bobbin?
It's not in the bobbin. There is a nest of thread on the bottom side of the fabric. I was trying to make an "r" and the needle stayed in one spot. When I took the fabric out it was like a knot underneath the r. I have tried everything except replacing the needle. I'm out but will get more. If that doesn't work it will be off to the shop!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 AM

If you threaded correctly with the lever up, and then you dropped the lever?foot to begin stitching---have you tried another design--or another letter? I've certainly had that happen to me--and such a mess that I'd have to cut my project loose from the needle plate. But usually after cleaning all the threads from under the plate, and making sure the thread goes thru all the tensions & take up....it all begins to work again. Tho sometimes it turns out the design was not digitized well, and I just toss it. Once contacted the creater it was bought from & received a corrected one. But it did the same thing. So...guess no help from here!! Would love to help you out so you don't have a "medical" bill to pay.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM

Thread the machine with the foot up. Adjust the tension up. Put the foot down and pull on the thread. If there is no resistance in the thread, it isn't threaded right somewhere, or not in the tension discs all the way. I'm saying increase the tension to feel any resistance as embroidery tension is lighter than sewing. I've had the thread pop out of the takeup lever and not notice it. I got those nests with a vengeance. Someone showed how to "floss" tension discs with a dollar bill. You could just have a broken thread in there.