Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sewing Machine Help!

I did buy a 1/4 foot. I took it out last night, took one look at it, and put it back int he box! LOL I will use it definately but last night to finish my quilt i put a peice of tape where my "1/4" measured from the old machine and used that as my guide. I was too impatient to learn something new last night, i just wanted to finish my quilt!!

Which btw... i did finish last night! I have all my rows put together, i just need to sew the rows together. I'm doing that in class tonite so i can have some room to work. I should have pictures tomorrow.

Thank you Elizabeth. It was the reviews that sealed the deal for me. I figured most people will write a review if they dont' like it, if you like something you aren't likely to go back and say how much you like it. So the fact there were so many good reviews showed me that the people who bought the machine were truely happy and wanted everyone to know.

Its like what they taught us when i was waiting tables in college. Someone with a good experience might tell 1-2 people. Someone who has a bad experience will tell 12 people.

Thanks Loretta...and, you are so right about the teens:))LOL Skeat

Probably too late to help you in this but I just wanted to add this: I bought 2 portable Singer Touch'N Sew on Ebay for peanuts considering the price I paid 25 years ago! But these machines work so well, my two daughters-in-law wanted to learn sewing so I will be able to teach them on these machines. The TNS has all the important features mentioned and on Ebay, I can buy also my bobbins for so much less than at the Singer store.

All I did upon reception of the machines was to have them checked by the Singer technician and now, both are working wonderfully.

I have the same machine as ccbear66. I love my machine. It will be 2 years this thanksgiving. I have even quilted with mine. I have only quilted twin size quilts so far. Eventually I want to get a long arm. But that will be awhile. No matter what my kenmore works great for me.

Congrats on finishing up your blocks Rayone, are your strips all sewed up yet? My daughter calls it "Growing a quilt", she's three. It's really amazing how the blocks go from a pile to a quilt so fast!

Loretta, no I did not know that, glad that you mention it to me. This will be good information for my daughters-in-law since they are starting their sewing "carreer". For myself, I bought over 150 last year and that adds up to the ones I had before, so I think I will just pass on the information to my DIL. Thanks for the tip.

I was so excited about doing just that, and then I discovered my sewing machine doesn't take standard bobbins (perhaps set up so I have to buy special bobbins, perhaps just because it's not an embroidery machine). So I have to get them like $1 a piece and they're not prewound. :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2