Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sewing machine issue

sewing machine issue

Hi, I just had my Janome DC2010 serviced. After I got it back, I noticed that it doesn't sew straight anymore. If I try to keep an even seam allowance, I have to constantly manipulate the fabric to keep the seam parallel to the fabric edge, otherwise the seam would wander off. When taking a closer look, I saw that the side edge of the foot doesn't line up with the seam markings on the machine anymore, the front of the foot leans to the left, the right edge of the foot is not parallel with the seam markings to the right. I took the machine back to the shop this morning for them to check into this. Has anyone had this issue before and knows what this might be?

Blog Entries
    it sounds to me like the repair person messed it up and should fix it for nothing. not the machine's fault.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I haven't had that problem after my machine was serviced but the Bernina tech left my computerized sewing machine in service mode so it wouldn't stitch at ALL!! He gave me $10.00 off when I brought my other Bernina in for servicing.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Fixed already. Somehow while servicing it they must have bumped into the shaft, twisting it a little to the left. I didn't even know the shaft was movable sideways. All good now!

So glad it is fixed!

Blog Entries
    you need to call whom ever you had service your machine- take it back & have it fixed.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I'm glad you got it fixed. I was going to suggest checking your presser foot. My quarter inch foot has a little pin that the foot swivels up and down on. This pin will occasionally slowly slide out of its position. When this happens, the foot will kind of contort and I lose my 1/4" accuracy. I tried gluing it in place, which was a mistake because then the presser foot couldn't flex over seams. So now I just keep an eye on it and push it back into place when it slides out.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Take it back! Either they give you your money back of fix it like they're suppose too!