Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sewing machine repair caused worse problems

I just got my main machine (a Babylock) back from the repair shop Tuesday and finally had time to try it out this evening. It is worse now than it was before. Took it in because in was making a rubbing noise, they had it for 2 months and now when I turn it on, it comes up to a screen to change the brightness of the screen and will not do anything else. Back to the shop but it is 30 miles away and we are supposed to get snow or ice tomorrow. That was $120.00 wasted. I do not have a lot of faith in this repair shop but I hope that they will make it good. :-(

so sorry

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry to hear of things like this!

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh no! And they had it for 2 months? Do you have a back-up machine? I hope so.
    I also hope they don't charge you another cent to fix it right :(

Oh, no! I hope they fix it right for you!

That doesn't sound good at all. I would definitely make them make good on it, especially since you just got it back.

Wishing you good luck with it, and hoping things will go better this time around. If not, I'd see if I could find another repair shop. That's what I had to do on my machine.

Doesn't sound like they fixed the problem. I sure hope they make it right.

Hopefully, it won't be $120 wasted. My repair guy guarantees his work for 6 months. He serviced my machine and it didn't work when I got it back, I took it back to him and he worked on it with me sitting there watching, finally discovered the problem was my plastic presser foot was worn out! It was over 20 years old so I guess some things do wear out. He replaced it and it's worked perfectly since!

I'd take it back, hand it to him, tell him he has 1 week to make it right --- at no further cost to you. Unacceptable!!!!!!! Stand firm...don't let him get by with shoddy workmanship.

I'd take it back, hand it to him, tell him he has 1 week to make it right --- at no further cost to you. Unacceptable!!!!!!! Stand firm...don't let him get by with shoddy workmanship.

Get a hold of Better Business Bureau and do a report on him.
    If he charges more or won't fix it right.

Oooh, that's lousy! Hopefully the shop will make it right for you. The thought of going 2 months without my Babylock is frightening!

Blog Entries
    Call the repair shop and give them a chance to make it right

That is just wrong! I hope they get it fixed soon for you.

Blog Entries
    Be sure to let Babylock know about this; they are very particular about their products and who is representing them.

Blog Entries
    It is so hard to trust a sewing machine repair shop. Even the name brand shops. I would think the dealer would care about the service of the machines they sold but very few do once the dollars are in their pockets. They seem to shrug it off as oops sorry about that.

I'm so sorry about this! It just stinks. Hopefully they will fix it right this time.

The internet is a wonderful thing, contact the Babylock corporation and let them know about this repair shop's shoddy work.

i'd take it back for the fix. i had to take my pfaff in during the holidays and it came home with a problem that wasn't even the problem when i took it in for service. but i was lucky and it was quick fix during the time i went to lunch. i'm so happy to have my 7570 home and working like the first day i bought it.

I'm sorry that happened, and I while I agree that you should stand firm, remember that you catch more flies with honey!

Blog Entries
    I took my machine in once..because I was having an issue with feed dogs...after 3 weeks and 80$..I brought it home (repair shop was 60 miles away) and the feed dogs still did not work.
    SO I called them...told them I would bring it back in....took it in and the lady and the front counter said I probably just didn't know how to thread my machine??!!! I was so angry...

I may look young...but this was last December and I probably had sewn 50 quilts on my machine in thet year alone before December...I am pretty sure I know how to operate my machine....
    I called the manager...and we had words..they fixed my machine without charging me anything extra.

I can sympathise. A lot of people assume that because I'm young, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm glad it worked out for you, and I'm sorry so many people have had trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    ...took it in and the lady and the front counter said I probably just didn't know how to thread my machine??!!! I was so angry...

I may look young...but this was last December and I probably had sewn 50 quilts on my machine in thet year alone before December...I am pretty sure I know how to operate my machine....

I just called and the repair person is gone until next Friday so it will go back then. They had put a note on it that it had hard been worked really hard and might need more repairs in the future. But not so SOON and not something that had been a problem before it went into the shop. Good thing I bought a 60s/early 70s Kenmore at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. After adjusting the belt it works GREAT!!! Oh well stuff happens and I will manage to get by!!

I am getting the impression that it does not matter how much we pay for a new machine, it is still a new machine and it seems as though they are not as well made. So many write about the problems they have had.

I was looking for a back up machine a few years ago and was not getting positive information about new machines. I called a sewing store that also sold machines and learned that the owner was "collecting" a certain model of New Home machines, claiming they were the best ever made.

A Light bulb went off in my head. Within the next 6 months I was able to find this machine on eBay, and bought 2 more of them. Rhey are 20+ years old and mine always sewed like a dream. They were among the first computerized machines. Since then I have given one to my daughter...and have 2 that I keep set up to use for certain types of sewing. I spent only a fraction of what I would have spent on a new machine. No, i will not buy a new machine!

June in Cincinnati

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast