Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine?? >

Sewing Machine??

Sewing Machine??

Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM

Does anyone have a Brother Quattro 6000D?? If so do you like it? I am trying to find out which machine I would like to get. Any suggestions? Right now I have a Kenmore and love it, but really need a new one. I need one that does embroidery as well as quilting. Hubby says go for it...so I am going to do some homework first. Thanks for your help
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM

I don't have one but have heard great things about them, especially how user friendly they are. Babylock has the *sister* machine, without Disney designs, called the Ellisimo.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM

Brothers are typically good machines, I would do a google search and look for reviews. Good Luck!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM

Oh, one more thing. Check out http://www.patternreview.com for machine reviews on it. They have lots of them, great website.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Oh, one more thing. Check out http://www.patternreview.com for machine reviews on it. They have lots of them, great website.
Melinda, thanks for the great site! I've been looking for an embroidery machine.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:39 PM

I used one of these machines recently at a sewing event. It seemed very nice and had a really innovative needle threading system...push a button and this mechanism comes out of the machine, moves downward, threads the needle and then retracts back into the machine.

My only concern would be...I was unable to see how you would manually thread this machine if the auto system failed. That could mean a very expensive repair.

That would be a question to ask the Brother Dealer.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 PM

I have the 1500D (I believe not quite as fancy as the 6000D0, and I REALLY like it. Once I got it all figured out, it has been really fun and nice for me. I love the embroidery features, but I am soooo new at it, that I am still in the "learning curve". I also love all the accessories with it. I actually bought mine used, but I have had no problems at all yet, and I use it bascially daily.
PS. Mine didn't come with the 1/4"foot, but I bought one off of Amazon.com for like $1.75 plus shipping.
I also just finished using the embroidery function with the included Disney designs, and I love that as well.
Happy Shopping, and you have a great Hubby if he said go ahead.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM

I have an Ellisimo which is almost the same as the Brother 6000D. The Babylock comes with Nancy Zieman designs and the Brother with Disney. As to threading the needle if the threader breaks, it is not difficult to do at all. My threader works fine but it is plainly stated in the manual that the threader will not work with a size 60 or smaller needle. I just completed a quilt using monofilament thread which I always use a 60 needle on and the only problem with the threading is that I can't see that well anymore.

As to the machine itself, I would give up my new car before you could get this machine away from me! Well worth every penny I spent.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 PM

I have the 4500D which is a step down from the 6000D. It's very user friendly and the automatic threading is awesome. If you can afford the 6000D go for it, you won't be sorry.