Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which sewing machine? >

Which sewing machine?

Which sewing machine?

Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM

That is wonderful news! I think that you will love it! There are so many good machines out there, that it does make it difficult to choose. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before you pick it up. What a great way to start the New Year!

Kathleen

Originally Posted by Ann Marie O
Ok, I have decided to buy the Brother NX2000 (Laura Ashley) machine - I went back to the store again today and tried both machines and asked lots more questions of the dealer (who is also the repair man) and one of the teachers who has this machine and decided that while I like the Bernina 440QE, I really don't have the extra $1000 it costs more than the Brother and that the Brother will do all (and more) than I want or need. I put down a deposit and plan to go back later this week and buy it.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Prov31
That is wonderful news! I think that you will love it! There are so many good machines out there, that it does make it difficult to choose. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before you pick it up. What a great way to start the New Year!

Kathleen

Ok, I have decided to buy the Brother NX2000 (Laura Ashley) machine - I went back to the store again today and tried both machines and asked lots more questions of the dealer (who is also the repair man) and one of the teachers who has this machine and decided that while I like the Bernina 440QE, I really don't have the extra $1000 it costs more than the Brother and that the Brother will do all (and more) than I want or need. I put down a deposit and plan to go back later this week and buy it.
I will pick it up sometime this week probably Thursday as I will have my little granddaughter for the day on Wednesday and need to work with her on one of those "toy" sewing machines that I bought her for Christmas. She is 7 but not ready for a real sewing machine (unless it is at my house) as her mother doesn't sew and hasn't got patience to learn or help. Someday - - -
Old 12-28-2010, 05:13 PM

It's nice that you can help your granddaughter learn how to sew. But for the record, I call all of my machines "toys", lol! Have fun with your new machine :)

I will pick it up sometime this week probably Thursday as I will have my little granddaughter for the day on Wednesday and need to work with her on one of those "toy" sewing machines that I bought her for Christmas. She is 7 but not ready for a real sewing machine (unless it is at my house) as her mother doesn't sew and hasn't got patience to learn or help. Someday - - -
Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Prov31
It's nice that you can help your granddaughter learn how to sew. But for the record, I call all of my machines "toys", lol! Have fun with your new machine :)

Yes, they are my toys too! I hope my granddaughter enjoys sewing as much as I do - her mother (my daughter-in-law) has no interest or patience in learning.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 AM

Funny you should mention a Laura Ashley 2000! I wasreally crabby about turning in a Brother 8500 and purchasing a Brother 960. I had the 960 about six weeks and was so dissatisfied I looked at a Laura Ashley and traded in my 960. I am in "love" again! I have found mine to be absolutely what I wanted as far as features and a "hardy" machine. Satisfaction guaranteed!

I must write a thanks to all who wrote me about my Brother woes and gave me the idea of looking at a Laura Ashley. I'm so glad I read all your comments and went with your suggestions.