Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot

Blog Entries
    I have the Elna Excellence 740 and it has it. Love this machine. The Janome 7700 also has it
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

The new Janome 12000 has one built in. Would love to have it but I just bought a 11000. Maybe in 5 years they will have one that has lots more programs built in and I will think about it. Good luck.

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    My Viking Diamond has a built in feature that allows quilting without the walking foot. It works really well. I have only done stitch in the ditch and a couple of the built in quilt stitches. My goal for the next few weeks is to try FMQ. I love this machine, wish I had more time to use it!

I wish the companies called them all the same names. All the different names are so confusing.

It is what keeps me coming back to Pfaff, the ease of use of their walking foot. I had several Janomes with the Accufeed foot, but putting their foot on the machine is like changing the oil in your car...very time consuming and pain in the ankle. Just my opinion.
    Michelle Guadarrama

My Janome 6600 has the Accufeed! Love it!
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    Vikings newest interchangeable walking foot may not be built in but it is awesome. You can go in reverse, it has a 1/4in interchangeable foot, it can do zigzag and many other things. I think so far there are 4 or 5 interchangeable feet that goes to the walking foot that allows you to do so much more than the other walking feet.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Question regarding the Janome built in walking foot.

My DH recently bought this Janome for me and even took me back up the the LQS so I could ask about that feature but I'm still not sure I "get" it. You have to take the "ankle" off the machine, that was the first huh? moment I had. I'm assuming that's the part that holds the regular foot on?

She then said to lift the lever to the highest position then lower that foot from the back? I tried that once and it wouldn't sew. Could it have been because I had the feed dogs UP?

I'm embarassed to drive up there and ask again so thought I turn to someone on the list who has the machine and can guide me through this.

I also have the Singer Quantum L-500 with the built-in walking foot. In my opinion, that's one of the best features of the machine; it works great.

I noticed that the machine is no longer listed on Singer's website, so I guess it is discontinued. I googled and found one for sale on Amazon, if you're still looking.

Roberta, that sounds similar to the Elna 740 mechanism. There is a regular and a 1/4" walking foot that you install on the "ankle" or shaft. The foot lever does have three positions. After you've installed the walking foot, raise the position to the highest spot, and at that time, you can bring the top walking feet down. They should seat within the walking foot you just installed. It's a little funny feeling at first. BUT, the advantage is that all the walking feet are driven by and resident on the machine, and not on the foot itself. I hope this helps. After you get it, this is really a great feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    She then said to lift the lever to the highest position then lower that foot from the back? I tried that once and it wouldn't sew. Could it have been because I had the feed dogs UP?
    You take it up the extra height, to get the space for the accufeed to swing down and into the main foot so they interlock.
    Leave the feed dogs UP.
    Then sew as normal, lowering the foot in the normal way to your machine.

It does explain it in your manual.
    And I'm sure there are lots of videos online.
    Plus ... have you not had the lessons that go with your machine? Contact the dealer and arrange to take the lessons .. they are well worth the time (and perhaps distance) so you can get full benefit from using your machine!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

My Elna 7300 has it too.

·What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    and a hallelujah to Janome for it!
    Amen to that! I'm amazed almost daily at what the Janome Horizon 7700 can handle and love my accufeed foot so much, I've put the 1/4" accufeed foot on my Christmas wish list.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by aeble View Post
    Amen to that! I'm amazed almost daily at what the Janome Horizon 7700 can handle and love my accufeed foot so much, I've put the 1/4" accufeed foot on my Christmas wish list.
    And partner it up with the SITD foot too!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

My Bernina 820 QE has what is called a Dual Feed. I believe it's pretty much the same as the different ones mentioned above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    I also have the Singer Quantum L-500 with the built-in walking foot. In my opinion, that's one of the best features of the machine; it works great.

I noticed that the machine is no longer listed on Singer's website, so I guess it is discontinued. I googled and found one for sale on Amazon, if you're still looking.
    They sell them from time to time on HSN but they go fast. They had them a few weeks ago and within a day they were sold out!
    Bernie

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
    Anyone know if the Baby Lock Asante ESe2 has a duel feed??
    I had an Esante ESE2 until about a year ago when I upgraded to my Elegante Ver IV; the Esante ESE2 did not have a dual feed. I purchased a walking foot for it, which also works with the Elegante. The Esante is a wonderful machine, never had a bit of trouble with it. My DD has it now and it's still working like a dream.
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Thanks to all of you. There is so many choices out there now. Does any of you know the model of the Juki that has the built in walking foot? I have researched almost all the ones that have been mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.
    Yes, and Janome is coming out with new models in a couple of weeks. That means prices will drop on the 7700 or there will be good deals to be had on used 7700.
    The Quilting Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.
    Yup--Janome has them, too!
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

The Bernina 820 and 830 have what they call dual feed. It acts like a walking foot. They have special feet for them, some even come with the machines.

My Pfaffs do indeed have the walking foot and it makes a lot of difference in the regulation of the stitches.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

The Elna also has a built in walking foot.

I have the Janome 6600 and love the accufeed system... it is wonderful.

I make quilted purses/pouches and frequently find myself sewing many many layers in a very confined space to finish off the bags. I use my walking foot for them all the time b/c it can handle all those bulky seams, but I'm really tired of wrangling those itty bitty bags around the gigantic rear-end on the walking foot. Does a built-in/integrated walking foot have the bulky mechanism at the big like the detachable ones? I have a Baby Lock Decorator's Choice that I really like but lately I have been dreaming of a machine with a larger throat space for FMQ. Perhaps I need to investigate this integrated walking foot feature as well. I haven't looked at new machines in so long I don't even know all the new features available. I'm almost afraid to go look, I will want them all! Hmm...Christmas is coming soon...
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast