Sewing on my Patio >

Sewing on my Patio

Sewing on my Patio

Old 06-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

What a great way to sew.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tammy cosper
Sounds like a wonnnnderful sewing day! Its just way to hot here in Oklahoma for us to get to do this. :( But before long fall will be here, and hopefully then, I can grab up the featherweight and head outside to sew. I am also hoping to get to die some fabrics this fall. While its cool outside.lol Hope you enjoyed your day.
Way too hot in NTexas, too. Besides, the wind hasn't stopped blowing for weeks and weeks and weeks! Right out of the south and dry as a powder horn! froggyintexas
Old 06-25-2011, 01:56 PM

I , too, have thought of sewing outdoors. Would need to be in the sade for sure. Summer has finally arrived here in Oregon and Southwest Washington
Old 06-25-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Today is another beautiful day in my neighborhood. And so I think I am going to haul out my machine and the Celebration Sampler peices and sew outside today. There is just a slight slight breeze just enough to keep the air cool. Ive got 8 blocks finished so far out of the 17 that is needed. I am hoping to get all the blocks finished before they release the assembly instructions.
What I need is a portable cabinet of some sort that holds all the peices and do dads that I need to sew with. And just wheel it on out the door when I want to sew and wheel it all back in when I am done. That or an enclosed patio, but that ain't going to happen while we live here. Happy Sewing everyone.
I too, live in Oregon, and it is a beautiful day. We do cherish our sunny days here.

We just put up a gazebo on our patio, allowing me to go outside and stitch away without a sunburn. Can't take my machine outside, but can hand quilt. Enjoy your day, and stitch away! 8-)
Old 06-25-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by dixiebelle162002
Sounds like a great plan, but it is way to hot here to sew outside her today! :lol: Enjoy your time outdoors.
What part of Tn. are you in? The weather has been wonderful here for 2 whole days. I sewed outside myself. Hope you get some relief in your weather.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:03 PM

Deb, sounds nice. Would love a picture of your ZEN place!

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
I am so fortunate to have a screened in gazebo to sew in. I have ele, light and even a fridge! It is in the middle of my wooded area, so ZEN as I am into that.....I do some of my best work there. I wish I could share it with others.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:05 PM

Wow, thanks for the pictures - wonderful to be outdoors!

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
I do a lot of my sewing outdoors, mainly because instead of quilting, I’m usually sewing things that I’d rather not bring into the house or the shop (eeewww). I repair outdoor covers and repurpose old tarps with my old Singer 66 Redeye handcrank. Both the back patio and front patio have been put to use, even in July.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM

Deanna, That sounds like sooooo much fun!

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Painiacs
I was gonna say get a tote on wheels. Or even a suitcase. Even a little kids suitcase! I'm sooo jealous Deanna!! I wanna work outside on a patio!!
EVERYONES invited to my house for a sewing day. Come as you are...if you want come in your nighties I won't mind, not sure what the neighbors would think though. Someone will have to bring a coffee pot as we don't drink coffee...no flowers needed for decoration as I live next door to the cemetery and its full of flowers and smells heavenly. Wish someone would plant a honeysuckle bush. I love the smell of honeysuckles. We can make a huge pot of spaghetti and a boat load of salad and some garlic bread. So bring your sewing machines and projects and lets PARTYYYYYYYYY!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 AM

I guess one of the reasons I enjoy quilting is that when it is rainy and cold - I can quilt. Now that it is summer and temps climb in the 90's + 3 digits, I can quilt. When it is lovely out, I walk Murphy, our dog, serve breakfast, lunch and dinner outside, but quilt in my kitchen and look out the window at the garden.

Thanks for the tip on the cool SewEzi tables.I will check them out. Enjoy a wonderful day.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:02 AM

What are SewEzi tables?