Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing once again... >

Sewing once again...

Sewing once again...

Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 PM

I got my sewing machine back from the dealer, broken since May 14th (just saw my old post so that is how I know the date.)...bought it home did not work so had to take it back. I picked it up this Friday but just starting Sewing with it now... so I am FMG'ing...my niece's quilt that is her graduating present. My machine broken two days before her graduation in the middle of me making her gift. Hoping to get it done this week. Only three more rows to go...then my favorite...binding...So far so good...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I got my sewing machine back from the dealer, so I am FMG'ing...my niece's quilt that is her graduating present. My machine broken two days before her graduation in the middle of me making her gift. Hoping to get it done this week. Only three more rows to go...then my favorite...binding...So far so good...
Good News. Hope it all goes well.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM

Keep up the good work. You will make it! Glad you got
your machine fixed.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Is this your Horizon? Is it working much better than before? I am still interested in your feelings about this machine since there may or may not be one in my future.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Yup...its my Horizon. It working great so far...I really like this machine just have had some issues...but the dealer has fixed it once again. My hubby is getting tired of bring it down to get it fixed and wanted me to trade it in but I really love the arm lenght and when it works it does a great job. If it didn't work this time I was going to give up quilting...not really but it was taking the fun out of quilting. I just finished FMG'ing my quilting and happy with it. tomorrow the binding. Really hoping that it continues to work this good. I will say its not easy to unscrew to change the feet. There is a bar in the way. Disappointed in how they designed that. But the arm lenght makes a huge difference. If I did it over again though I may have kept my regular sewing machine and bought HQ sit down machine. (forgot the name of it.) I would love a long arm, but it just takes up too much room. Leah Day makes it look so easy some day hoping to sew as good as she does.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:00 PM

Well, if your machine gives you any more trouble, ask for a REPLACEMENT, and if your dealer won't do that, contact Janome directly. I follow the Janome Horizon yahoo group, and some owners have done that. It's a really helpful group, pretty active.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

I'm so glad you're quilting again! You must have been in major withdrawal- yikes! :D
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 AM

Well...I am still having problems. Everytime the bobbin case gets low on thread my fabric gets caught in the plate...what the heck...so tired of this machine not working correctly...guess I will be calling the dealer again today...I do want to finish my binding on the quilt first though. Really thinking I got the lemon machine.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:57 AM

Ugh and everything seemed to be going so well. Sorry to hear you are still having problems!! Is there anyway to contact the manufacturer and replace the machine entirely?

Rachel
Old 06-24-2011, 11:53 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about this latest trouble. You have been very patient.