Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing room looks like a Quilt Shop! >

sewing room looks like a Quilt Shop!

sewing room looks like a Quilt Shop!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Sure!! I hate voids!! It looks soo cool to be surrrounded by color! It makes me look prosperous. It makes me look busy and therefore I feel accomplished! It is easier to hide new fabric in a filled space than in a not so full space!! It is not good to hurt the other bolts of fabrics feelings by leaving them in the store!! I feel personally responsible for the state of the economy. If we dont take all that cotton into protective custody we will be responsible for nation full of obese boll weevils. We might have a glutted thread market!! Someone else might get more fabric than me. I may have to take up drinking if I dont spend my money on fabric!! The Lord would think I was ignoring all the bounty of fabric around me. Two or three hundred years from now my descendants might run out of fabric(YIKES!!) That is enough !! I am scaring myself!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Some people collect coins, others collect stamps. I collect fabric! Or so it seems.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM

I'm like sewgull. I'm at my best when I'm in my sewing room. I just learned to shop on ebay. Don't have to leave my home. It's fun. I also live far away from quilt shops. em
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
Sure!! I hate voids!! It looks soo cool to be surrrounded by color! It makes me look prosperous. It makes me look busy and therefore I feel accomplished! It is easier to hide new fabric in a filled space than in a not so full space!! It is not good to hurt the other bolts of fabrics feelings by leaving them in the store!! I feel personally responsible for the state of the economy. If we dont take all that cotton into protective custody we will be responsible for nation full of obese boll weevils. We might have a glutted thread market!! Someone else might get more fabric than me. I may have to take up drinking if I dont spend my money on fabric!! The Lord would think I was ignoring all the bounty of fabric around me. Two or three hundred years from now my descendants might run out of fabric(YIKES!!) That is enough !! I am scaring myself!!!
LMAO!!!!! :lol: I say hell yeah to all of it! get what ya can when ya can, you never know when you might need it. I have over 400 spools of thread and I cant even begin to think of how many yards of fabric. When I moved, my soon to be hubby asked me, "do you REALLY need all of this junk?" I told him I could sell it all and hit the bars, and then suggested he sell his golf clubs. I now have new shelves and more coming! And yes, I was a little pissy about him calling my stuff "junk".
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Bev

I almost always buy when there's a sale. I do a lot of my fabric shopping on line so I get lots of sales. Then when it's time to start my next quilt, I just shop my own fabric.
But the other reason, and the most truthful one, probably, is that I just LOVE playing with my stash! When I have time to close myself in my sewing room, but I'm not in the mood to sew, I pull out the bins of carefully folded treasures, and start going through them. Oh what wonderful images and dreams this game produces. It gives me a kick start to making a new quilt.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Bev

[quote=FranW]
Originally Posted by gaga grandma
If I'm having a bad day my sewing room is like a big hug!
So true!

8-)
Old 04-29-2010, 12:43 PM

I agree!!!! That is what gets the creative juices flowing........LOL
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 PM

I agree about fabric collections. Mine keeps growing. Here's just one wall of my sewing studio. I also have 4 other bookcases plus about a half dozen totes and 2 closets full. I've found some wonderful bargains at the thrift store. For example, I found a tropical fish fabric just slung over a hanger at Value Village, with the proper color for 50% off. Paid $8 for it and found out I had 11 yards when I got it home!! Woohoo! Do ya think I'm obsesses at all??? :thumbup:

This was 3 months ago - you should see it now!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24398[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24398.jpe  
Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM

If the good lord didn't want us collecting fabrics, then he would stop the designers and manufacturers from producing it. As long as they do, I'll keep buying.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by barbgooch
I agree about fabric collections. Mine keeps growing. Here's just one wall of my sewing studio. I also have 4 other bookcases plus about a half dozen totes and 2 closets full. I've found some wonderful bargains at the thrift store. For example, I found a tropical fish fabric just slung over a hanger at Value Village, with the proper color for 50% off. Paid $8 for it and found out I had 11 yards when I got it home!! Woohoo! Do ya think I'm obsesses at all??? :thumbup:
OMG! I can't even imagine having half that! Thats not saying I wouldn't want to. I have gotten fabric at the Goodwill store, also Freecycle. There are many good places to get fabric.
May I ask how long it took you to get that "stash"?