Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sewing room progress... Mini Mural on page 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    Now Terri, remember that he helped with the flooring, new wood trims and moving the furniture. The other three weeks of work was all mine! LOL
    I was meaning he did a great job on the flooring and such. I KNEW you were the one to do the cleaning of the room!
    The sewing room is coming along great! Wish I had a room that big!

Nov 2, I start cleaning my sewing room. Since the craft fair will be over, I can start moving things around. Will be getting rid of the book shelf and bringing in a small piece of furniture, along with a wooden box and a sort of jewelry looking standing piece that I bought at the auction. Got them all for great prices! Just wish there was room for my iron bench I bought, but that will go in the 2d floor room. Hubby says it would look nice on the 3d floor balcony, but it's not going to go outside. Too afraid it will rust with the salt air. I'll make a cushion for it and some matching pillows and it will look great. Once that is all done, I get to go to work on Courtney's room. Still have the door shut on that. Scared to go in there.......lol

OH I know what you mean about your daughter's room. My daughter when to a school all the way out in British Columbia I couldn't open her door for weeks!!!

Her brother had gone to the same school and when he left home Erin started referring to his room as "The Shrine of Saint Ryan".

Will she be home for Christmas? I think I might have both my kids home this year WITH their significant others!! That's the first time in four years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Quote Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
    What a sweet dh! Your guest room looks very pretty. Can't wait to see pics of your sewing room. :D
    Cissy quilts.. just wanted to say love the Avatar!!! I just saw Ironman tonight!!! awesome movie!
    Thanks, Aggi. RDJ is a hunk! Ironman is a great movie, I can't wait for a sequel.

What's better than quilting?

Quilting with RDJ! He's always been a hottie to me.

Love the avatar!

It is wonderful to have a hubby who supports you. Mine would do anything for me. He made me a quilt rack, movie shelves, and several other thing with great love. Now I have a question about your guest room. Where did all the stuff go...?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    It is wonderful to have a hubby who supports you. Mine would do anything for me. He made me a quilt rack, movie shelves, and several other thing with great love. Now I have a question about your guest room. Where did all the stuff go...?
    Do you remember those little plastic puzzles from your childhood? The ones where the pieces were in a tray and the pieces could only move if you moved all the other pieces around?

That's my house these days. Four bedrooms. Empty #1 into #3 so furniture from #2 can move into #1. Take all the residual stuff from #2 and push it into #1. Take stuff from #3 and move it into #2. Take residual stuff from #1 and take it to the dump!!!! And I know you want to know what we're using #4 for? Sleeping from pure exhaustion from all these freaking moves!!!!

I'll take a picture of room #3 tomorrow before the things start to move into the new sewing room!

Here's our day's work. We would have done more but we had to vote! And DH had to get some of his part-time business work done today. BUT! I am pleased with my room so far!

The work bench for scrapbooking! And where I'll store my fabric bins
    Name:  Attachment-16748.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  29.2 KB

My Rogue's Gallery...
    Name:  Attachment-18528.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  38.2 KB

This is my much lower sewing table. But I like the height and Paul says it can be raised ( but he can't add on to the desk that we sawed down
    Name:  Attachment-18529.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  45.5 KB

Oh my, what a movement! ;) I hope you've got all the vertical space you've dreamed of. :D

Wow! What a change, and so pretty. :D

I hope mine looks half as good as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ready2quilt
    What's better than quilting?

Quilting with RDJ! He's always been a hottie to me.

Love the avatar!
    yeah I could handle that :)

Lori your sewing room is really starting to take shape!! How exciting!

Lucku lucky lucky you.... :lol:

Oh, yes. I remember those games. Move things from place to place and something ALWAYS ends up on top of something else. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Oh, yes. I remember those games. Move things from place to place and something ALWAYS ends up on top of something else. lol.
    Now my pretty guest room has stuff piled in the doorway. Ryan's room is getting emptied but the sewing room is getting cluttered. I think tomorrow I start with the garbage bags.

The major part of my problem is I don't just sew. I scrapbook and paint (both acrylics and water). And all of those hobbies have so much STUFF!!

But tomorrow is another day and my dear sweet husband is going to give me another full day of help!! By tomorrow night I should be organized!

Looking good.

Blog Entries
    Love it so far. So much room.

Banned
    Hey girl. LOOKING GOOD....... Won't it be nice when you can finally say ahhhhhhhhhhhhh done. And can actually USE it? Have fun....... :D

Looking nice!! A bright cheery place to quilt is one of life's pleasures!!!

It's coming along nicely!
    What do you mean, you have things in front of the guest room? How am I going to get in there? lol
    Oh well...guess I'll have to sleep in the sewing room. :)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    It's coming along nicely!
    What do you mean, you have things in front of the guest room? How am I going to get in there? lol
    Oh well...guess I'll have to sleep in the sewing room. :)
    some sleeping you'll get in the sewing room!! YOu will keep the rest of us up with the noise of your sewing machine whirling away. then make the rest of us guilty for not sewing all night long too!!! :P

I hurt my back last week so the moving is a slow event. I took the time today to add the little painted mural to the "rogue's gallery".

I think it adds something!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Is that a nice big comforterble chair I see there ?

You are right.....it adds a very special something. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Very nice. Is that a nice big comforterble chair I see there ?
    Sure is! My hubby just bought me a comfy recliner for the living room to replace this Queen Anne recliner that he didn't like at all! So the red chair is for my sewing room!

I have five years to wait for my husband to retire so this sewing room is going to be my haven during the day. Big TV and a comfy chair for me to do some handstitching in!

The room is filling up fast... too fast!!! And I'm afraid I'll have it too cluttered by the time it is done, but that's so typical of us sewers!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast