Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Santa was good to me... >

Sewing Santa was good to me...

Sewing Santa was good to me...

Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

You did a have a great Christmas! didn't get any sewing items but got an iPad and almost having fun trying to figure it out. Lol
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 PM

Sewing Santa made a down payment on a Viking Sewing machine for a combined birthday and Christmas present. My bd is Jan 10. A good friend gave me a wall quilt for my bedroom that is more than lovely, such a dear. Those were my only quilty presents but they are fabulous ones. Quality counts!
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM

The sewing Santa lives at my house. Whenever I drag a new old machine home, Santa pitches right in and refinishes treadle cabinets, installs wiring, and cleans machines for me. I buy the things that I want because no one can find anything that I need. Happy New Year to all!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:05 PM

We have had an extremely frugal Christmas with everyone severely restricted with money, my DH bought me a 12" square ruler which I have always wanted and some clips for keeping the quilt rolled while quilting. As a family we have really enjoyed each others company far more this year than any other year, and think we will probably have a frugal Christmas again next year too!! But your gift does sound brilliant!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:35 PM

I had the best non-quilting Christmas ever -- my Australian sister & brother in law came from Melbourne to spend Christmas with DH and I. I hadn't seen them in over 6 years, and it was such a lovely visit -- they boarded a plane to head to NY this morning and I'm very sad that they've left. But what a wonderful gift, to have had them here....they'd never been to the US before and are totally enjoying it. Tomorrow we head to Sacramento to have a late Christmas celebration with our children & grandchildren - am looking forward to that.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 PM

What a great Christmas!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 PM

I didn't want a thing for Christmas, my dear husband bought me some scissors that I thought were pretty b;ut most of all, we were all fairly healthy, got to see the great grandchildren, Merry CHRISTmas at my house too. I did get a music box that looks like an old sewing machine. That WAS a surprise.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM

No sewing Santa here but I did get what I asked for that was practical! a new floor mop a shelf th replace the one I broke in the fridge and best of all chocolates and bubblebath!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 AM

Sewing Santa came to visit me also, he left a Brother SE-400 sewing and embroidery machine under the tree. I am a newbie sewer and was using a Singer Scholastic which I like, but not as well as this machine.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 AM

Silly girl!! There's more than one quilt "built" on a serger. I turned to my serger when my Bernina went in for service and stayed and stayed and stayed. Put together a whole queen log cabin top while she was gone
My Longarmer said it was nothing new for her and said the serged quilts quilt up beautifully. Mine did!!

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post
Hey congrat's! I would have been ecstatic to receive all those great gifts too!!! Lucky duck! Santa brought me a Singer serger - not really a quilting gift but I love to make clothes for my daughters and bags and it's going to come in SO handy!!

Last edited by mhollifiel; 12-28-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Misspelled surger! LOL!