Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing Table

Does anyone use the Arrow Gidget sewing machine/craft table. I am considering getting one and was hoping for some feedback or is there something else I should look at. I have a sewing cabinet, but my machine sits on top of it not flush. Thanks in advance.

Debbie Umphress sella a sewing machine lifter. Here is a post.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54134-1.htm
    Your machine sits on top, there is a lip so machine won't slide off and it tips the machine so you can see the presser foot much better. I know this isn't a table, just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Debbie Umphress sella a sewing machine lifter. Here is a post.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54134-1.htm
    Your machine sits on top, there is a lip so machine won't slide off and it tips the machine so you can see the presser foot much better. I know this isn't a table, just a suggestion.
    This will also save money too!! Her DH makes them and does a VERY good job!!

Blog Entries
    I have my main machine in a Horn cabinet, but I then bought a Sewezi table which works in a similar way. The machine sits down flush with the surface, just as in the cabinet, but it doesn't drop down below because it doesn't have a lift. I bought it to be able to fold it and take it to workshops where everyone envies me. I now have three different inserts so that I can use different machines in it. The latest one was for my white Featherweight, which will be going with me to a workshop in a couple of weeks time.

I have an Arrow table, not the Gidget but very much like it and I love it. I use it in front of my regular sewing table when I'm quilting a quilt and whenever I need to sew any place else. All my machines will fit in it. It was one of the best things I have bought to sew with.

I just bought the gidget table, had to for about 2 weeks now and i getting used to it, i love it, i don't think i would want to be without one now. I will also add that Arrow has wonderful customer service!