Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The sewing witch is here tonight and I can't get rid of her!

Have you had any furniture moving by itself, or weird bumps in the night?

Renee

That is quite a story. Wouldn't believe it unless I saw it! Thanks for the tip about the "Sew Slip" and FMQ. I've been thinking about trying that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnib

LOL! Looks like Billy has some "splainin" to do!

Oh...and I think I'm going to send this sewing witch..@$%@#^, ummm, GREMLIN..(sorry) back to Billy's house!
    I'm not worried about the ole "Battle Axe" she knows I love her and couldn't survive without her! :roll: :lol:

I did show her the post and she gave me one of those looks and laughed.

Billy

You guys are so funny! No, haven't had any furniture moving around or bumps in the night...yet! Billy, I'm glad you jumped in there and "quickly" set the record straight and cleared all that up. Now it looks like MadQuilter has some "splainin" to do...Murphy, huh? Anybody else having problems?

Well, I did what a couple of you suggested. I sent an email along with a picture of the broken spool with an explanation of how it broke. I am curious to see what they will say.

I didn't get any quilting done today either. My two little dustmops were overdue on their weekly grooming so we spent the day getting that out of the way so we can start the week fresh on Monday.

That just blows my mind, hard to believe, and I think lyou should send them a picture.

That is weird. I've never seen anything like that. How disappointing for you. :cry:

Blog Entries
    Please do not throw that away! Mine didn't break in half but wrapped around the bobbin metal shaft. Two things you can do: 1) If your husband fishes, get his winder and wind it off the bobbin halves. 2) If you have another machine, put the broken bobbin on your metal thread shaft, thread it like you would to wind a bobbin and start putting the thread on the new bobbin. Both worked for me. Hope one works for you. GG

Bizarre!

That is so Weird, I'm 58 years old and have never seen that happen, can't even see how it would, thats a new one indeed..

Blog Entries
    Weird!!!

First time I've even heard of such a thing. Wonder if it could have been a flaw in a whole batch of plastic they used for bobbins and there's more out there?

BTW, in Norway we have house Nisse, which are devilish little gnome-like characters that play tricks on everyone in the house, they especially like to hide things so you go crazy looking for something you know you have. LOL

Banned
    i've never had a spool break like that, but have had my bobbin do that a few times,. frustrating huh? i get so angry at all the thread wasted, cuz i have to throw it away

I thought you ladies might like to hear what the manufacturer told me but first I have to share my blooper.

I looked up the website of the manufacturer and emailed them a picture of the broken spool of thread like I posted here and explained the whole ordeal. A gentleman emailed me back saying he was perplexed because it didn't look like their thread...well, in my haste I emailed the wrong manufacurer. I emailed Aurifil instead of Aerofil Madiera. He asked for all the information on the spool and as I went to scan it, I noticed my mistake. I apologized and explained to him how I screwed up but he still insisted on sending me a package of "his" thread for me to try with a suggestion that I use it in my quilting from now on, lol!

I emailed the correct manufacurer and they said that they did have a problem with their spools breaking and they were working to correct the problem. They are sending me a 10-peice pack of their thread along with a replacement spool of the color that broke.

I have to tell you though. the rep. with Aurifil was just unbelievably trying his best to make me a happy Aurifil customer. He went out of his way from his promptness in replying to insisting on sending me the thread after I told him repeatedly that it was not necessary because his company was not at fault. How awesome is that!!

GiGi, I tried rewinding the thread onto another spool I had but it got tangled so I gave up. I may try again later...

GladGrams, It wasn't the bobbin...it was the entire spool of thread that broke in half and I'm sure they are having a huge problem. I hope the Nisse stay in Norway. I'm happily sewing again after finding another spool of thread to use on my quilt.

I'm glad you got a positive response to your email. It is a good thing to know that both companies are willing to help you out!

Glad they are working on the problem. Good to know both companies work to satisfy customers (or work to gain a customer). Actually, that is amazing about Aurifil.

Blog Entries
    I just love happy endings!!! 8) 8) 8)

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I just love happy endings!!! 8) 8) 8)
    Me too, Amma!

Never in my over 50 years of sewing have I ever seen anything like this. I would take it back to the store and get a replacement. :(

Banned
    I'm so glad it worked out for you. :D

I received a thread package from Auriful (the company I originally contacted by mistake) yesterday! I honestly am looking forward to trying this thread because I have heard so many great things about it and the colors are just beautiful... And from my experience with the broken spool, I can tell you one thing, their customer support is awesome!

Banned
    so cool. please let us know how it is

Banned
    I had a whole bunch of Janome bobbins pop their tops in the last few months. My dealer replaced them but it sure did waste a lot of thread. My sister bought some at the same time and she had the same thing happen. I guess it was just a bad batch!!!

I haven't had that problem but it sure seems like a lot of companies are skimping trying to make every dime they can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2