Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewingroom

Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsM
    Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
    Wow! I am not alone. and by the way -- Hi and welcome from the West Coast of Florida!

Blog Entries
    Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

All of the above…………..Only shows what a smart intelligent creative… aaaaah …Einstein your are.
    GENIUS AT WORK …………. DO NOT DISTURB

I don't think you can be BOTH neat and creative at the can time.....I can't seem to manage that. And it's only my sewing room.....

ALWAYS when I am in the middle of a project!

My sewing room gets messy when I am working on projects. I usually close the door so I don't have to look at it or keep pesky Kola off my work. But if it starts creeping into the hall then I clean.

Rule of thumb, the moment you step into your sewing room, area or cubby. Somebody is in desperate need of something "only you can find or do".
    Other than gagging them, taping them to the sofa or nailing the door shut to your sewing area, we have to live with it.

Blog Entries
    My room and my house sometimes too LOL

DH can go all day without talking-he works at home. Just let me go and start the sewing machine and all of a sudden he's like "Chatty Cathy".
    Welcome from Western PA.

Blog Entries
    Oh ya, that's me. And considering I sew at the dining room table, meals involve shoving things over to make room, or dining on the sofa! My son, age 10, thinks the sound of the phone or the sewing machine is his cue to come asking to look for something, get a snack, or get klutzy and hurt himself. His timing is awesome. Don't get me started on the dog - she finds all kinds of mischief!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    My sewing room goes thru seasons. One day I can walk in and it is so organized and the next day looks like a hurricane went thru it. I am currently in the Hurricane season. Hopeing to get it organized again soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We just need bigger rooms and for everyone to get their own dinner and do their own laundry. LOL I have a big cutting table but most the time, I'm working on the only empty space on it, maybe a foot square. LOL

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Solution:
    Live by yourself where the whole place is your sewing room!
    I don't even own a sofa; if you're coming to MY cottage, you're coming to quilt! Only my bedroom is mostly non-threaded, and even that is about to have a design wall 7' x 8' installed. LOVE IT!
    Jan in VA

How did you know me so well?? You are describing my life!!! As soon as I go to me sewing room DH starts calling me to look for something, time for dinner, look at this online, etc, etc, sometimes I wonder if he does it in purpose or it is that I loose track of time when I am "trying" to quilt!!!

Gota love DH!!! And son started behaving the same!

True storie....One night I started to sew and my phone rang…I jumped up and turned my sewing chair over and started looking and grumbling.. My DH just looked at me and said WHAT’S wrong????????????.... I replied
    It seems like I can go all day and no one calls but the minute I set down at this machine the phone rings of the hook……..DH reply……. So why are U checking the chair …MY reply…..Am looking for a buzzer that triggers the darn phone.

Blog Entries
    I tend to keep my sewing area clean so I can get what I need when I need it.
    It only looked like a hurricane hit when I was doing the organize.

I always, always promise myself I will put things away as I use it but never, never do. My sewing room looks like it belongs on one of those hoarder shows. I do have lots of baskets and such for stashing things but things never end up there. Not sure why.

I'm not lucky enough to have a sewing room, I have little stashes of projects tucked here and there in the living room!! (They're artfully stashed though!) By the way - Debbie U - I LOVE that piece you have pictured in your post - beautiful!

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    Unfortunately, mine is not just "when working on a project." I am terrible. I get it clean and resolve to keep it that way and then a project comes up and zap, it's right back to chaos! Woe is me! I am a hopeless mess!

Caroltee
    You were so funny! LOL

Blog Entries
    Uhhh, do you mean to tell us this does NOT happen with all quiiters?

Good grief, how can anyone sew in a sterile operating room-like sewing room?

Of course, losing the cat or a small child in a pile of fabrics may be reason enough to clean the room, but not until it's really necessary.

pretty much looks like a train wreck caused by a really large tornado while I'm working on a project.

Blog Entries
    DH can go all day without talking-he works at home. Just let me go and start the sewing machine and all of a sudden he's like "Chatty Cathy".
    ----------------------------------------
    Yup, husbands and kids are all the same. Just sit down at the sewing machine, or get on the phone long distance (with an expensive phone company) and instantly DH will need something desperately or son will come running to tell you that he told teacher you would bake five dozen cookies for next morning's school party and you have to call teacher to find out what kind. The very act of putting hands on a machine or phone triggers something in their minds that demands instant notice and not later, but now!

Oh my and I thought I was the only one. It isn't only quilting its beading painting or any other thing I might be working on.
    My DH calls the kitchen table my sewing table and the kitchen island my cutting table. I am so glad to know it isn't just me. Thank you all for confessing uh I mean posting.lol

Thanks for the laughs. I was frustrated. A few glasses of wine and I am feeling better. I did have to stop sewing though.:o)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast