Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewology thread

Sewology thread

Has anyone one besides me tried the Hobby Lobby Sew-ology thread? The more I use it ,the more I like it and about once a month ,its on sale for 50% off.I like the idea of the type(all- purpose, button ,etc) of it is right on the the spool its self.

I stumbled on a 50% off sale a few months ago and bought some Sewology thread and I find it is doing a good job.

I like it quite well and have purchased it on sale.

Never heard of it before but going to Hobby Lobby today to look for some fabric so I'll take a look.

Blog Entries
    I bought some yesterday but haven't used it yet. I hope it is good thread as I am altering a bridesmaid dress for my daughter.

Blog Entries
    I have never heard of it. What made you buy it? For hand sewing or machine? Sounds interesting.

I looked at it in the store but passed on buying. It was inexpensive not on sale so it's not the better of thread. I remember one guild member using it and said it seemed rough to her.
    Last edited by Onebyone; 05-03-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Slightly off-topic but I just learned that there will be a Hobby Lobby opening about 5 miles from my home in Lancaster County, PA. Over the moon happy about that. Will definitely try the thread. Next closest store is 30 miles round trip. Uh oh, maybe the Lancaster store will be too close....will have to set up new guidelines and restrictions for myself....not that I ever abide by them.

Blog Entries
    I purchased it to do some alterations on a bridesmaid dress for my daughter. I didn't want to drive to JoAnns just for 1 spool of thread. I will be using it later today.

Cindyb- Hobby Lobby discontinued the Coat &Clark thread,about 2 years ago. and brought back their own brand. I do all kinds of sewing from quilting to hemming grandkids jeans,dress making mending ,etc. they have all kinds of thread, for sewing machine, hand ,etc. and it is listed by category on the racks, makes shopping for thread easy.And I only live 1 &1/2 miles from the store!

I used it on a prom dress I was altering ,and had no problems with it at all.

I like it for hand quilting. It shows the quilting up nicely.
    An old saying that nothing is perfect in God's World justifies any mistake I make in my quilts, some on purpose and some by accident..