Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Shadow Box quilt pattern

I'm looking for a pattern that has a square with a picture in the center and the fabric is placed around the pic to form a square on the diagonal, the folded material is bound. I've seen this quilt but can't find the pattern

Have you tried google. They are a good source for patterns. If they don't have what you are looking for try www.allthingsfrugal.com.
    Good luck! Pam

Is this what you're looking for? LINK

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    They are fun to make. I made one with winter scenes and use it for a window quilt in the bedroom.

Sounds like Attic Windows. Google it to find many patterns.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Here is the pattern I used
    www.quiltaholics.com/bom/attwin.htm
    Very easy. No Y seams.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Is this what you're looking for? LINK
    No, but thanks, what I'm looking for has a square on point with fabric that is folded that covers each corner overlapping each other, with the center of the first square showing. It's really hard to explain

Quote Originally Posted by zennia
    They are fun to make. I made one with winter scenes and use it for a window quilt in the bedroom.
    Do you have the pattern, it's not attic window. thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ranger
    that's really pretty, but that's not it.....the corners are loose fabric that does a triangle in the corners. So hard to explain!

Is it perhaps an Origami quilt of some type?

Is this something that you have seen done on ornaments, usually done on styrofom? I can't think of the name (I'm sure it will come around 3:00 am) but I don't think I've ever seen it done on a quilt.

Check out www.connectingthreads.com and find the hearth and home card holder kit, the quilt pattern I'm looking for does the pockets all the way around.....If you have that pattern, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

No, I've never done ornaments, the pattern I'm looking for is in connectingthreads.com, it's the hearth and home card holder, the quilt pattern has the pockets going all the way around the square......thanks!

It looks to me like the pockets are just on the bottom, like the envelope it is supposed to be, and not all the way around. It should be easy enough to duplicate without a pattern by just adding wide diagonal flanges of folded fabric to the lower corners before you sew the bottom and side seams.

Or you could try contacting Connecting Threads to see if they would consider adding the pattern to their free pattern collection online. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    It looks to me like the pockets are just on the bottom, like the envelope it is supposed to be, and not all the way around. It should be easy enough to duplicate without a pattern by just adding wide diagonal flanges of folded fabric to the lower corners before you sew the bottom and side seams.

Or you could try contacting Connecting Threads to see if they would consider adding the pattern to their free pattern collection online. Couldn't hurt to ask.
    I want the pockets all the way around, that makes a box around the square, which was like a picture frame.....thanks for your help.....I'm not sure what a diagonal flange is.....

Blog Entries
    Would it be pineapple pattern.

It looks like the squares or rectangles are floating with the shadow beneath them?
    I would like that pattern if any one knows it.

·What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

Blog Entries