Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shadow Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
    Quote Originally Posted by dojo36
    my keyboard is nasty dirty, how does everybody clean their keyboard? mine gets crumbs and cat hair & no tellin what else. i've deep cleaned it before with a Q tip & alcohol, and i shake crumbs out of it but it's still dirty.
    I don't clean mine. I don't eat over it and it is in a room that is closed off to the cats in the daytime. Occasionally I buy a new one, they are cheap. The old one goes to the charity shop.
    that's probably what i need to do - buy a new one

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Keyboards are pretty cheap, but before you toss it, run it through the dishwasher. I'm NOT kidding. Just make sure you air dry it for like, 6 days or someting, to make sure it's really dry.
    Microsoft warns against it, but I've never come across anyone who's had problems. Besides, if you're going to buy a new one, what have you got to lose?

http://plasticbugs.com/?p=263

or google it, there are tons of sites about this

I have a cover for mine so it dosnt get that dirty. I windex it sometimes.
    I cover my printer also.
    I miss you too Shadow. Moving is a big job, we will see you soon I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    why do you assume they're gone? maybe they're just lurkin' more than postin'.

send out some pms ... see who nibbles. :wink:
    With many of us in the summer season, it's possible many are just outside enjoying the summer weather. I find I'm not online as much in the summer as I am in the other seasons. Many people are probably out of town, summer travel, etc. I'm sure more people will surface when the weather begins to cool down.

I still lurk here, but mostly here at work or the occasional looksie when I'm home in the evenings when the sun is gone down!!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
    Keyboards are pretty cheap, but before you toss it, run it through the dishwasher. I'm NOT kidding. Just make sure you air dry it for like, 6 days or someting, to make sure it's really dry.
    Microsoft warns against it, but I've never come across anyone who's had problems. Besides, if you're going to buy a new one, what have you got to lose?

well, good grief, i never would have thunk it. i don't have a dishwasher but i can sure put it in the kitchen sink and soak & rinse & dry. I'll do that someday when i don't have anything else to do. thanks
    donna

Quote Originally Posted by dojo36
    Quote Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

well, good grief, i never would have thunk it. i don't have a dishwasher but i can sure put it in the kitchen sink and soak & rinse & dry. I'll do that someday when i don't have anything else to do. thanks
    donna
    I've never put mine through the dishwasher, but I do dunk it in a sink of hot soapy water and swish it around! :-)
    The key is to make sure it's absolutely dry, before using it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2