Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shape Cut Ruler

tmg
    I love mine too!!!!!

This is literally my #1 quilting item I have. I can't imagine not having it!

Suzanne

The shape cut ruler is absolutely one of my most favorite time saving tools!

Blog Entries
    I had mine for a long time before I used it. Now it is my "go to" ruler. What made the difference was watching the video on how to use it. I really didn't have a clue and watched it twice and feel like a pro now. Glenda

For those that don't know what this is or just want to watch a quick video on how it works, go here:

http://www.junetailor.com/shapecutvideo.htm

Other than a sewing machine and thread, this is always what I suggest quilters buy for their first rulers.

Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by lindasidlow
    I love my Shape Cut - all of them! I will warn you though that they do slip a little bit. Not so much that you may notice it but will show up in your piecing eventually. Its a good idea that when you finish cutting across once, it is a good idea to true up your edge again. You will no doubt find a little uneveness.
    Not if you put the rubber dots in the 4 corners, you get no slipage, just a tip

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Quilt in a Day store has the super big one and usually there is a great sale on them every now and then.

http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...&i=18833&page=

I have this one, ordered it from JoAnn's on-line with 50% coupon. It was shipped in a huge flat cardboard container (great for storage). Totally eliminates the "V" cut as fabric can be cut on the single off-the-bolt fold. These rulers are the ones I use the most.

This is one of my favorite rulers and I use it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
    For those that don't know what this is or just want to watch a quick video on how it works, go here:

http://www.junetailor.com/shapecutvideo.htm

Other than a sewing machine and thread, this is always what I suggest quilters buy for their first rulers.

Suzanne
    suzanne: that you for the video it help me so much .

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Quote Originally Posted by lindasidlow
    I love my Shape Cut - all of them! I will warn you though that they do slip a little bit. Not so much that you may notice it but will show up in your piecing eventually. Its a good idea that when you finish cutting across once, it is a good idea to true up your edge again. You will no doubt find a little uneveness.
    Not if you put the rubber dots in the 4 corners, you get no slipage, just a tip
    Agree & i even use some across the top, bottom & sides because i had extras. :D

I love mine. Don't cut strips without it. I do agree with lindasidlow about truing up the edges every so often just to make sure.

Blog Entries
    I found mine at a garage sale years ago and it was a while before I used it. I think I paid $3.00 dollars for it. One of my best buys, it's great for those strips.

The Shape Cut is one of the best things since sliced bread. LOL

After years of cut, move, cut, move...watch ruler slip-I found out about these rulers on a forum like this. I went and bought one and have never looked back! You true up one side and take off from there. I can cut strips like mad and in no time have all I need. I'm going to take my scrap stash and iron all of them flat, stack them and go to work with this ruler. What a fabulous tool this is. Have them all sizes but small.

I got mine after the last post about these I think last month. Went to walmarts and yep they had one left on the clearance rack and I snaged it up $11 went home and tried it out and man what a gem I cut for a square that I am having problems with and sewed it up and it was right on, I have been having problems cutting stright No more with this gem I love it................. So glad it came up as a topic I was getting ready to throw in the towel. Just goes to show you what a great site this is.....................

I bought one a while back and have really enjoyed it. It makes cutting strips so much more accurate.

I hate to say this, but I just found that I have one and have no idea of how to use it. I have a shape cut too.

Used my 60% off coupon at Jo Ann's for Shape Cut ruler. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but can't wait! :lol:

I no longer dread cutting squares or strips, need to get the other one that goes by quarter inches too.

Blog Entries
    I just LOVE mine. I did notice that they slip a little so once I get it lined up on the fold, I binder clip it to the cutting mat...no more slipping. If this one ever wears out, I'll be buying another one.

Never seen one of them here. Seems a great tool. Now I want one, too! :oops:

Blog Entries
    I love my shape cutter ruler. To keep it from slipping I put tiny sandpaper adhesive dots between a few of the slots and it prevents slipping.

Blog Entries
    Love it.

Blog Entries
    Will have to check it out!!

I love my Shape Cut ruler also! I use it quite often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast