Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: She has arrived!!!!

I am so excited for you! I will be getting mine in about a month so I will be right there with you. Have FUN! Isn't that what it's all about??

WOW this is GREAT! And if Kola is like my Caruso - his bed is the bed of the frame. I actually have to be careful that he isn't on (under the layers after I get it set up) it snoozing.
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

I have the Hinterberg Stretch frame and I really like it. Congratulations on your new machine! Have fun playing with it. Moving the machine rather than the fabric takes some getting used to, but it sure is fun! If you have problems, just post and there is a lot of help here.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    oh my goodness .. you will have so much fun with it ! Enjoy !! Love da kitty pic for sure !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

AWESOME! Hope you have as much fun with it as I have with mine!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Enjoy! Let us see pictures of your quilts.

Is that a Bailey? Mine arrived about two weeks ago. Now just waiting for the Gracie Queen frame to come. Mine is only the 13" model because that is all I could afford at this time, but I figure that is all I need. I only got it to do my own quilts but now a friend of my daughter's wants me to do a couple of quilts for her. I only plan on starting out with the stippling method because I have never machine quilted before and thought that would be the easiest thing for me to do. I know that I could never be as good as Charisma but that is ok for me. Have fun. Can't wait to start using mine.

I have to laugh about poor Kola and I too suspect that she will be sleeping on the quilts with the sheet cover on the machine. My cat thought it was great fun to sit on my quilts in the oval standup quilt frames and I had to keep a sheet over it too.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Is that a Bailey? Mine arrived about two weeks ago. Now just waiting for the Gracie Queen frame to come. Mine is only the 13" model because that is all I could afford at this time, but I figure that is all I need. I only got it to do my own quilts but now a friend of my daughter's wants me to do a couple of quilts for her. I only plan on starting out with the stippling method because I have never machine quilted before and thought that would be the easiest thing for me to do. I know that I could never be as good as Charisma but that is ok for me. Have fun. Can't wait to start using mine.
    We decided to get this machine for my personal use. And I too am going to use the stippling stitch for a while until I get the hang of it. It has a laser stylist so when I get brave I can get a little fancier with my stitches.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I have to laugh about poor Kola and I too suspect that she will be sleeping on the quilts with the sheet cover on the machine. My cat thought it was great fun to sit on my quilts in the oval standup quilt frames and I had to keep a sheet over it too.
    She seems to sleep where ever she pleases. I am sure the quilt I will be working on at the moment she decides to pass out will be her current "favorite" spot.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Have fun while beening creative. Please post some of your work and let us know if it is easy to use.

Enjoy, I am happy for you.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Nice, enjoy and get going....haha
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...C68D6DB95A.png
    Quilting With A Friend Will Keep You In Stitches

Blog Entries
    Congrats! I, too, was admiring the fish quilt. I have done a quilt for my mom and now am doing a baby quilt on my LA... There is just not enough hours in the day.....practicing is smart....I need to do that as well! Good Luck and have lots of fun!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

Good for you.............glad you got one.

Thanks for all the replies.

Today, I might actually get a test quilt on the frame. I found a couple "cheater" quilts in my stash closet in the "annex".
    I will let you know how it goes.

Chase

Have fun with your new machine.

This makes me so happy for you!! Maybe someday in my future.....

Someone seems a little miffed -- lost her bed?

Congratulations on your new baby. Lucky you. Please keep us informed on this new machine as I am sure that a number of us have been thinking of the same one.

Congrats, you lucky thing! Oh I wish I had the room for one! Get busy and send pics!!!
    I know everything I WANT to know!

Congrats on your new machine! Here's to happy quilting!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I called Baileys and was pleased to discover that they have a layaway plan! I am looking at the 13' with a stitch regulator. I do not need the frame- I have a Grace Gem Q Pro frame with the aluminum carriage upgrade. This machine will fit it. They are so reasonable in pricing and the machines are lightweight. Thanks for sharing, I had never heard of Baileys before this thread. Now I think I will be able to afford one.

Enjoy your new machine! And it came with pattern board(s)? How lucky for you! ummm....Kola does look a bit miffed...probably expected to be included on the decision to remove the bed, lol.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Congrats on your new set up! And for Koda, you should make a quilted bed to replace her big bed... Just a thought. >giggle<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast