Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: shophop has me frustrated this month

Can I ask a stupid question? What is it that you can win, that is worth so much of your time searching online for bunnies?
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hate those shops that make the bunny difficult to find. I let them know that it influences whether or not I may buy from them in the future. The rules state that the bunny should be only one or two clicks from the home page.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    There have been a couple of time that I actually wrote the shop and complained about their "hints" when they were impossible to find. They usually responded with the bunny trail or location or actually fixed it when it was missing. I don't hop anymore either. I would rather be sewing.
    Yes, responding to the individual shop does get results.

Blog Entries
    Use to enjoy doing the "ShopHop" and did find some shops that I ordered from but, after picking up two nasty virus's that crashed my computer, not once, but twice, it became just too expensive.

Blog Entries
    I don't spend my time looking for bunnies. I'm retired and bunnies move too fast for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSellers View Post
    I've found all but Thousands of Bolts fabrics, and I bet I've spent at least 2 hours looking!
    I hate hate hate Thousands of Bolts!!!! I refuse to even go to their site.

Blog Entries
    Do as I did and call them and tell them you are having a problem and see if they help. Sometimes it is a glitch on there end. Good luck.

I understand your frustration. I just saw a note on MaryAnne Elizabeth's site that some browsers block you from seeing the bunny; to try using internet explorer or mozilla firefox. I will say that I use Explorer and have not always found the bunnies but I also simply give up! Maybe this will help some people.
    Pat
    Pat

Sorry to hear that - I've shopped at Thousand of Bolts A LOT and have always had great shopping experiences. (I don't work for them in any capacity - just like their choices and prices and service)
    Pat
    Pat

Hamels? It's my last one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenJ View Post
    Hamels? It's my last one.
    On the home page, right below the bunny it says Register To Win which takes you to the Newsletter signup page and the bunny.
    Sadiemae

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I tried to Shop Hop online one month only and saw how much time was going to be involved and quit after only about 20 sites. I, too, would rather be quilting or reading QB.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

QKO
    The Fabshophop rules for shops state that all bunnies must be no more than one click away from the home page, and pretty much all of them are.

If you can't find a bunny in a very reasonable amount of time, don't hesitate to call or email the shop -- the rules for shops also state that the shop home page should have contact information on it.

Every month I say I am not going to hop but end up doing it anyway. I was better this month about not wondering off and buying fabric, but that is why these shops participate to get customers.

It has gotten way big. I always read the rules of how many bunnies are required for the various prize levels. This month for the grand prize you needed to find 140. I did want the block patterns, so it is a double edged sword. I have never won anything though.
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    My downfall this month is Purple Moose Designs, " bunny found a friend on the table"? HELP!
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

This is my first Shophop. I've found them all except the one at A Notion To Quilt. I have read the directions several times. Do you have to do anything except find them and "submit" them? If I'm reading the directions correctly. you only have to find 140 of them to qualify for the Grand Prize. I've spent too much time at A Notion To Quilt looking for that darn bunny.
    Lyd

Quote Originally Posted by lydcnnr View Post
    This is my first Shophop. I've found them all except the one at A Notion To Quilt. I have read the directions several times. Do you have to do anything except find them and "submit" them? If I'm reading the directions correctly. you only have to find 140 of them to qualify for the Grand Prize. I've spent too much time at A Notion To Quilt looking for that darn bunny.
    Lyd
    Go to Events, Massachusetts shop hop. It's there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2