Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shops in New York >

Shops in New York

Shops in New York

Old 02-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Hi and welcome to the board. Assuming you mean NY City as the state is pretty big and NYC to Buffalo is a good 8 hour driving trip! I think for Kaffe, you may be better off shopping on line. The prices are much better. Fabric.com has a great assortment of Kaffe fabrics. Here is a link
http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabri...FWxp7Aod1w8AnQ

You could also try going to the garment district for fabric. Here is a great blog by Paula Nadelstern on it.
http://www.paulanadelstern.com/fabric/guides/index.php
omg! I checked out fabric.com link they have zero stock on all of that fabric must be popular ( edit to say all the fabric that I liked) it is pretty

Last edited by mandyrose; 02-12-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
omg! I checked out fabric.com link they have zero stock on all of that fabric must be popular ( edit to say all the fabric that I liked) it is pretty
Wow, I didn't think to double click any of the fabrics to check before posting the link. I just checked the first few and they had loads of yardage but you are right, all the other ones say zero stock! I wonder if they are expecting to get more in. Fabric.com is usually pretty up to date on their website. They even have a banner on the home page saying no customer service today due to the bad storms. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I feel bad giving the OP the link.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 PM

Many thanks for all post.
I'm going to lower Manhattan, and in having only a week there.
So, maybe the best idea is to try to find it online and order to the hotel I will be staying at?
It does not exactly be Philip Jacop and Kaffe Fassett, but something like that!
What online shops are you using?

Again, many thanks for the good post!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:19 PM

I'm not sure I would have it sent to the hotel. Back orders happen on really popular fabrics and yours may be stuck at the hotel without you. It might be best to order long before you go and then take it with you.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:40 AM

I found two more in Manhattan. One is Pins & Needles, 1045 Lexington Avenue. The cross street is East 75th. In Manhattan, that is an important piece of information. The second one I found is a store called Purl Soho. It sounds like a knitting store, but they also appear to have fabric. The address is 459 Broome Street. It's on Broome Street between Spring and Grand. It's near Little Italy. Good luck. Broome Street is in Lower Manhattan.

Last edited by winia; 02-13-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added information