Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show Me Your Double Wedding Ring Quilts >

Show Me Your Double Wedding Ring Quilts

Show Me Your Double Wedding Ring Quilts

Old 08-28-2021, 03:38 PM

Default Show Me Your Double Wedding Ring Quilts

I want to plan a double wedding ring quilt for my granddaughter's wedding. There are so many block size choices and I would like to see what the different sizes look like in a finished quilt. Can you please post a picture of your quilt and say the block size? Thanks!
Any tips you have are welcome. I'm becoming overwhelmed watching videos and reading blogs.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:09 AM

It's not done as I had to stop for awhile. I'm doing an Anita Goodesigns embroidery set of wedding ring blocks using scraps mostly in reds and blues. It even adds the quilting in all but the rings which I'm thinking of adding something using the quilt machine once I have it put together. I know this isn't the normal way of making a wedding ring quilt but saw the design set and thought I'd try it. Only making a lap size quilt with these blocks.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:24 AM

I hope I can upload these for you. I have made 6 DWR quilts over the years. These are just a couple of them.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00097-1.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I hope I can upload these for you. I have made 6 DWR quilts over the years. These are just a couple of them.
Thank you.
The quilt picture does not pop up for me. The quilt being gifted - are those 17 inch blocks?
Beautiful quilts!
Old 08-30-2021, 07:11 AM

If you go to the Pictures main page there is a "sticky" at the top called Quilt Gallery A-M and it has a section of Double Wedding Ring Quilts by members you can view.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:07 PM

I made this one for my younger sister last year. I still have to quilt and bind it, I'm hoping to get that done before the end of the year.

Blocks measured 17.5 x 17.5 unfinished. Thirty-six blocks total.

You'll love doing the quilt, just take your time and make absolute certain your quarter-inch seam stays accurate and that it's a scant quarter-inch. There are a lot of helpful ladies on the boards that'll get you through the process if you have any questions, I had a few and they were quick to answer and help solve my problems.
Attached Thumbnails leahs-double-wedding-ring.jpg  
Old 09-03-2021, 03:38 AM

DWR is on my near future bucket list. I love it! Please share your quilt as you make it.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:47 PM

I've done one DWR. 15" blocks. Used John Flynn's book and templates. Very easy. No cutting a bazillion odd-sized blocks and trying to keep them in order when sewing.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Railroadersbrat View Post
I made this one for my younger sister last year. I still have to quilt and bind it, I'm hoping to get that done before the end of the year.

Blocks measured 17.5 x 17.5 unfinished. Thirty-six blocks total.

You'll love doing the quilt, just take your time and make absolute certain your quarter-inch seam stays accurate and that it's a scant quarter-inch. There are a lot of helpful ladies on the boards that'll get you through the process if you have any questions, I had a few and they were quick to answer and help solve my problems.
Thank you for your photo and advice. All advice I've found is to use templates, which come in either 12, 17.5 or 21" block sizes and I can't tell what has been used when looking at just pictures. This was helpful.