Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show me your sewing chair >

Show me your sewing chair

Show me your sewing chair

Old 11-07-2021, 02:07 PM

Mine is an el cheapo from CVS after school clearance sale, but is comfy and lightweight. One thing to consider... I like have arms on my chair but sometimes the space is tight enough that the arms make your chair stick out into the aisle. I was at a retreat recently that was pretty tight on space.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:54 PM

Yep Goldsberry921, that is like my chair!!
Old 11-07-2021, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
This is my sewing stool... a saddle stool. It is very comfortable and keeps your posture perfect.
Interesting. Does the saddle hump keep your legs separated? I'm short, so I'm wondering if it would bother my legs close to my knees.
Old 11-08-2021, 01:43 AM

I have a bungee chair from the container store and it is the perfect chair for me. Mine is hot pink not black and have had it for about 5-6 years. I also have a basic armless office chair. 2 machines, 1 computer, same room - 2 chairs
https://www.containerstore.com/s/des...uctId=11010852
Old 11-08-2021, 03:22 AM

I have an ergonomic chair without arms on casters with a mesh type back that I obtained from IKEA a few years ago. It is comfortable and cost me about $99.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:42 AM

I have a Koala chair. Pricey but oh so comfortable and rolls beautifully. I bought a floor model so saved some money.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by berrynice View Post
Interesting. Does the saddle hump keep your legs separated? I'm short, so I'm wondering if it would bother my legs close to my knees.
Just like sitting in a saddle, you can't close your knees. But with your feet planted widely on the floor you sit up really straight and comfortable.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:53 PM

For those who have the Reliable chair - do the slides glide easily across carpet?
Old 11-11-2021, 07:54 AM

I have been looking at what everyone has shown, and I think I might actually want a chair without a back as well. I never lean back when I am working on my machine or at my current table. Would it be too weird to want to go for something like this:
https://www.staples.com/BOSS-Caresso...product_730347

If I am doing anything by hand, or just browsing through some quilting patterns, I have a stationary upholstered reading chair with a pole light that I have in my craft room now in a small nook.
If the only time you use the chair/stool, I thnk that would work. I often sit in mine and do handwork, rip out or watch videos so then I like the back. If you don't do those things in your chair, then go for the stool. When I had a very small sewing room, I considered the stool just because it wouldn't be in the way as much.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:58 AM

I'm wondering if I'd kill myself trying to get off and on and avoiding dogs on the floor. lol. I can see the benefits, but since mine is pretty much an all purpose chair, I doubt that I'd like it. I do need to get a small stool to use at the rocketeer. I have a chair there now that I don't like and is too big and in the way. Hmmmmm . .. a stool might work there.