Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Silk batting?

Quote Originally Posted by bsquilter View Post
    I love silk batting. It is light in weight. I can machine quilt a king size quilt on a Bernina with out aching sholder and arms from moving quilt around. Silk is easier to stuff through the machine. Also, it is lighter on the bed.
    That is my next question, how does it perform on a domestic sewing machine? I would be concerned that it would be too slippery and not adhere well to the fabrics in the sandwich. I pin baste, does that work? I will give it a try, it sounds lovely!

I was lucky to buy two huge silk filled comforters in China. We watched them spread the silk fibers and then encase thewhole thing in a cotton outer comforter cover. I got the king size one to take it apart and use the 6 pounds of silk for quilts but hasnt happened yet. We love to sleep under the silk. It does not settle into piles like down but stays in place and is light and warm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2