Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Silk flowers used in a quilt

Blog Entries
    Several years ago I saw an idea for a quilt in a book, but didn't buy the book. Now I would like to find the idea. It was quilts made with silk flowers on them. You would take the silk flowers apart so they would lie flat, arrange them in the desired design. Then tulle was placed over that and I think then it was quilted to hold them in place. Does anyone know the name of the book that has that quilt idea, or perhaps have the book for sale. I would like to try it, but am not sure of the details.

I'll have to walk around in my head for a while to find the name of the book. I remember the technique, and think I saw it on Simply Quilts.

Blog Entries
    What a fun looking technique :D:D:D

I believe you're referring to Bonnie Lyn McCaffery's book, "Fantasy Floral Quilts."

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...quilts&x=0&y=0

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingshe
    Several years ago I saw an idea for a quilt in a book, but didn't buy the book. Now I would like to find the idea. It was quilts made with silk flowers on them. You would take the silk flowers apart so they would lie flat, arrange them in the desired design. Then tulle was placed over that and I think then it was quilted to hold them in place. Does anyone know the name of the book that has that quilt idea, or perhaps have the book for sale. I would like to try it, but am not sure of the details.
    It was in the fall 2006 Quilting Arts magazine,you laid the flowers on to fabric and put chiffon over the top. If you cannot get the magazine I have a cut out copy which I will happily send you if you pm me with your full mailing address,or I could try to email it to you if you pm me your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by loopywren
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingshe
    It was in the fall 2006 Quilting Arts magazine,you laid the flowers on to fabric and put chiffon over the top. If you cannot get the magazine I have a cut out copy which I will happily send you if you pm me with your full mailing address,or I could try to email it to you if you pm me your email address.
    for got to add the designer was Peggy Holt

Blog Entries
    No, it was not Fantasy Floral Quilts, nor in a Quilting Arts Magazine. It was in a big book and the silk flower idea was just one of the chapters. Does anyone else know what book it might be?