Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simple Embroidery Machine Suggestions >

Simple Embroidery Machine Suggestions

Simple Embroidery Machine Suggestions

Old 08-11-2013, 04:10 PM

Default Simple Embroidery Machine Suggestions

Hi All-

I've decided to bite the bullet and I would like to purchase an embroidery machine..preferably one that is under $600 and can do fonts (like to do on the front of a polo shirt, or even hand towels), possibly USB from computer for images etc. Is there a machine out there that is embroidery only that can fit the bill for me? I would be only wanting to do things for myself/relatives..I don't need a huge giant machine.

Suggestions?? JC
Old 08-11-2013, 04:22 PM

I have a older Brother combo ( sewing machine & emb)

I love it.....I can do fonts that came on my machine but need additional software to assemble downloaded fonts

I would recommend you get the largest screen you can afford and if possible multiple heads

I have one head... you will save alot of time by not having to change out thread

there are MANY embroidery sites
Old 08-11-2013, 04:24 PM

Not sure what is available in that price range but strongly advise you dont settle for a machine that only has a 4 inch frame. You will soon find out that you will want at least a 5x7 frame and will soon be shopping for another machine. Save up till you can afford a better machine that has a larger frame.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:45 PM

Find someone who is upgrading their machine and then like snipforfun suggested, get a machine that has a 5x7 hoop. You will not be sorry. Buy a used one and you get a more bang for your buck.

At least that is what I did--I found a Janome 350E used and got it for about $665 here in Poland. Keep watching Craig's List. I've seen almost new machines for sale on there.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Hi Hr,
I'm pretty knew to all this but this is what I'm looking at. My criteria pretty much matches yours in price range and my needs since it's just for home use. I've been reading all the reviews on it and it looks pretty good to me, but then what do I know? I'm sure there are some ladies here that have used this machine that can give you the pros and cons of it. Good luck!
http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PE770-...=brother+pe770