Simplicity Bias Tape Maker >

Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

Old 05-26-2016, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I cannot like the bought bias tape.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Many times the value exceeds the cost. I don't get sticker shock, I think how is an item a value to me now and in the future.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM

I have the tips, but more often than not I take one of my long glass head pins and take a small bite of the ironing board cover at the beginning, slide the pin on top of the cover, then bury the tip in the cover. I then slide the folded binding under the pin, iron it, then pull more through (the binding folds as it pulls through). It is quick, easy and I never have to try to remember where I put something.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:09 PM

They have the simplicity bias tape machine at my local Walmart and they can be ordered on-line at Walmart.com . If you order them on-line and have them shipped to the store there is no shipping charge.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

I decided against this machine for myself when it first came out. Making bias tape is very easy using the Clover tips, which require very little storage space. The Clover tips come in different sizes, are color-coded, and are made well. Here is a link to a set of all 5 sizes; however, you can buy individual tips too:
http://www.amazon.com/Clover-Bias-Ma...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Here is a 2-minute video that shows how I use them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-EkfTfjRFs

I like to starch my fabric before cutting for very crisp folds, but starch is optional. You don't need to use steam, but it makes the folds more crisp.

Making bias tape this way is very easy and fast; no need for a machine!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

I don't need the bias machine but it saves me from the tedious chore of pressing the fold. I don't do anything that is tedious to me if I can find a way around it. If I have a button to push to do the job I don't want to do, I'm going to use it.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:39 AM

Default Bias tips

Originally Posted by linda8450 View Post
I have a bunch of the tips (brand new, never used, but out of package) if any one is interested. I would be glad to sell them. I can post pics and work up a very reasonable price if any interest in them.
Hello, been trying to find the 1 1/4 quilt tip for single fold binding...any chance you have that? I'd be also interested in know which tips you have. I've been making some big quilts and the maker has been dusted off but I need the tips. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2016, 04:07 AM

Love and use my simplicity tape maker a lot. (it is just has a tiny motor that pulls the fabric over a hot plate to iron). You STILL have to buy the tips, and do all the other work associated with making tape. I bought the tape maker for about $49 -$79 5 to 7 years ago. I think they have discontinued it because I could not find it at simplicity.com. Ebayers are trying to take advantage of that. It is a plastic , motorized iron....nothing else. If you can't find it reasonable, just buy the tips, and pull the pre-folded fabric under a sitting hot iron by hand
Old 10-13-2016, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

I use mine to make all my bias binding. Simple to use and saves me tedious time at the ironing board trying getting the fold just right. I use it to make tote handles with the fusible stabilizer inside.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:22 AM

Are you saying you run the stabilizer thru the machine with the tote handle at the same time? Wow! That would be awesome! I bought my machine about 5 years ago, to make bias tape for 23 Xmas tree skirts my sister and I made. It was worth every penny! But I only bought the double fold tips. I wasn't really making big quilts then. I make tote bags all the time,..,you're genius!!