Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I've Become A Quilter...

Since I've become a quilter, my 40 year old iron and ironing board are seeing daylight! RARELY used them-if something absolutely had to be pressed I'd iron on a folded towel. Now I never put them away. (Still DO NOT iron clothing LOL).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Since I've become a quilter, my 40 year old iron and ironing board are seeing daylight! RARELY used them-if something absolutely had to be pressed I'd iron on a folded towel. Now I never put them away. (Still DO NOT iron clothing LOL).
    LOL I had to dust my ironing board off before making my first quilt block :oops: :lol: :lol:

My priorities have changed... housework can and will wait :wink: meal times can be flexible :roll: and my life has been so much more stress free :D:D:D

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one scrambling at the last minute to make the beds and fake like I did some house stuff every day!

Since i became a quilter....EVERYTHING has changed. I see paint chips as fabric not paint, eat very simple meals, don't get a lot of sleep, worry about finishing my project instead of how to pay the bills, talk outloud to myself more. Talk to my machine all the time. Check out fabric instead of groceries. Spend a lot more time sitting at my laptop on this site, finding more "creative storage" places then ever before. Yes, i am a "changed woman" and Love it :!: :!: :!:

Since I have became a quilter

I pass the mall & head straight for the quilt shops.
    I have met many wonderful sharing & caring people
    I have opened a whole new world of possibilities
    I have found a hobby for when I retire
    I have found I had to set myself a "quilting budget"
    I found I can be obsessed with this quilting hobby if I let myself or if my dh wouldn't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one scrambling at the last minute to make the beds and fake like I did some house stuff every day!
    That is so me, on my days off. At 3pm, I have an hour to make it look like I did something and start supper. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    Since I have become a quilter I no longer have the perfectly cleaned and organized house !!
    DITTO!!!!

Blog Entries
    Since I became a quilter,I realize I wasted a lot of yrs before I started quilting.
    Since I became a quilter, it's taken over my life.Knitting,crochet,sewing clothes,craftwork stuff given away.Magazines & books are all about quilting.

Since I became a quilter, I spend way too much time saving pics,patterns,hints & tips from this board.......& too much time learning from some of the nicest ppl anywhere.

Since I became a quilter, the UPS truck turning in the driveway makes my heart go pitter patter!

I have become all of you. I love this site and like you am usually here or at my machines.

You all have said it all! Quilt till you drop!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I've become a quilter, I've developed lots more patience for my skills;

My color choices are much broader and exciting;

My knowledge of sewing has increased a thousand fold;

I'm much more content to just let the world's problems pass by.

Blog Entries
    Since I became a quilter..... I cannot open my closet doors without getting hit by a bolt or stack of fabric.
    ......Dust bunnies play tag under my bed...... There are enough threads on my carpet to weave enough material to make another quilt.......My butt is getting bigger and bigger because I can't find an easy way to quilt standing up........I'm losing my edge on being the best cook in the world because I'm doing less and less of it. I'm going to have to get a bigger mailbox because the maillady is tired of getting out of her truck and scrambling up the hill with an armload of packages....My DH will no longer carry out the trash because he just has to sew one more row.... My new book has only 1/2 of a chapter done and I'll have to re-read it myself to find out what is going on.....Since I have become a quilter..... my life is fuller and richer because I have found this place and met so many nice folks here..... Yes, since I am a quilter now...I'm a better person.

We all sound alike and don't wa love it. The silly things that I would worry about; cleaning house, cooking, (I am a person who lived with housedresses, preserving foods, home cooking, etc, etc. I am much more happier than ever. Today if the tables are dusty, I write myself notes in the dust; mostly "I love me". I am more content, no longer lonely with this site (love it), meeting more people outside my home. I could go on but I will end this by saying. I am so glad to be a part of a community that does so much for each of us. Goodness, Thank you.

"Since I became a quilter" I have retired and now wonder how I ever got everything done when I worked.

Blog Entries
    Since I am a new beginner quilter I love fabric and go to any quilt store I can. I never have enough color. My house has lots of dust bunnys and I have to excuse myself from the dinner table to get back to my studio. I dream of fabric, fabric and easy patterns.

Blog Entries
    I say ditto to all of the above, and pray to the Lord every morning so many thankyous for letting me do it just one more quilt of course.

Since I became a Quilter I am much more stress free and happy to stay home and sew. I live with my daughter and she is always trying to get me to go out and mingle with other ladies and socialize, she doesn't realize that I found lots of folks here and they are so much fun and so informative too.

I am learning and pushing my envelope a bit every day, trying new and fun quilting things, buying patterns, taking touts and using some of my scraps too. The people here are wonderful, I couldn't ask for better friends.

Thank you all for being here.

Amen..........

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since I have become a quilter...

I turn the ceiling fan on just to see my dust bunnies dance around the floor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewTinker
    Since I became a quilter, we eat a lot of soup and frozen dinners;
    Since I became a quilter, I love Too Hot, Rainy, and Freezing Cold gotta-stay-inside weather.
    Since I became a quilter, my husband's golf game has improved.
    This is me to a tee, except my husband does most of the cooking. Check forecast; Is it going to rain? Yeah!!! Are you golfing today honey? Yeah!!!

Since I've become a quilter...
    1. More at ease - hand quilt is my therapy which I just have to have everyday.
    2. don't worry about house cleaning (even though I should)
    3. Don't really want to go anywhere or do anything, but stay home and either piece a quilt on the machine or hand quilt - I was gonna add saves money that way, but who am I kidding.
    4. Wish I did have more money and more time (wish I was retired) so I can buy more quilting stuff and maybe get more of the quilts I have on list done. But found out it is good to dream about this.
    5. Learned that I have more patience than I thought I did.
    6. Found out that crocheting and cross stitching just doesn't do it for me anymore.
    7. I belong to a wonderful community and glad I found this board and the wonderful, sharing, caring people I have met.
    Thank you Quilting Board - luv ya all. :)

since i've become a quilter....

everyone gets a quilts for presents...like it or not.

my husband gets to fish and golf as much as he wants and he doesn't feel guilty leaving me at home.

we have regular pizza nights.

i don't mind being home all day.

Blog Entries
    Since I became a quilter...if I say I need a new blender I am not talking about making strawberry daquiri's (sp?)
    Since I became a quilter...stash has taken on a whole new meaning.
    Since I became a quilter...nobody in my family asks what I have been doing lately; they're afraid of the answer and their eyes would just glaze over anyway.

I started quilting in early 2009. I was hooked with the first BOTM! I absolutely see why people love it so much. My Mamaw and Great Granny use to quilt and I have their quilts...boy do they mean a lot to me! :-) I hope that one day my kids will love their quilts like I love the ones that my Mamaw and Granny made for me!

I am so thrilled that I have found this place. I get excited to get to meet new people and see everything that everyone is making. I love chatting with all of you when I get the chance.

I too forget to pay things...like bills etc. What do you mean I'm expected to make dinner? I'd rather be quilting. :-) My house bugs me because it's not all neat and tidy but I do work 40 hours a week, do all the things with the kids and we do go to church every time the doors are open. Very little time to quilt but.....thats when I pull the late nighters! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    Since I have become a quilter I no longer have the perfectly cleaned and organized house !!
    That's my thoughts also. My house used to be fairly clean and neat anytime, now, I could stuff a pillow with all the dust laying around. LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast