Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Since I've Become A Quilter... >

Since I've Become A Quilter...

Since I've Become A Quilter...

Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by marthe brault-hunt
Since I became a quilter, I am more appreciative of the nature around me, Colours, hues, shades I can kneel to study a flower, watch the sky or the river at different times of the day. ( No, I'm not a painter or a poet, I'm only more sensitive.)
Due to an illness and age my hands are shaking, I've not been quilting for a few months, (sitting at the machine or handquilting). But I'm still very much at it, reading, researching (thank you Nebraska University)
Quilting is my bubble, only a few persons are admitted in it (of course you are, don't we share something precious).
An added bonus, this is the first time I dare to write in English, before I could read and understand but I guess I was too proud even to speak. (O.K, sometimes my text must sound translated to you, at least you don't have to hear my heavy French accent!)
My Maiden name is HUNT!! WOW! We have something in common. :thumbup:
Old 11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

Since I became a quilter,
I sometimes forget the filter in my coffee machine.
I don't add sugar or cream, just drink and forgive,
While I have happy thoughts of my sewing machine.
Now, that is something that, I can say,
Has made for me a perfectly swell day.

Happy Quilting every one!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Since becoming a quilter: I find myself taking designs apart in sections, to see if I can recreate it in a quilt pattern.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:09 PM

Since I've become a quilter:
1.) My family has all received a quilt.. or 3..
2.) My husband has learned to cook
3.) My housework is not quite as important, my house looks lived in, not museum-like
4.) I've met (in person and on this board) the most caring and inspirational people I could ever imagine
5.) I find inspiration for a new quilt everywhere I look
6.) I've learned that I don't have a favorite color, every color looks awesome in a quilt
7.) I'm sure there are so many more than I have that I can't think of right now.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:49 PM

Since I became a quilter, I am so glad to be a member of the community that agrees there are things much more important than a spotless house.

Since I became a quilter, getting up early is a pleasure, coffee, crossword puzzle, The Quilters Message Board, then to my quilting studio (I can call it a studio even though it's crowded and not always neat). It is ok for me to spend the rest of the entire day quilting, cutting, and just plain having fun doing what I do best. Just for today, I am a happy quilter.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Since I have become a quilter I no longer have the perfectly cleaned and organized house !!
Ditto...and my dining room is no longer. It's a quilting room! And once I get rid of the "good" dishes that I haven't used in 10 years and the crystal that are hand-me-downs, I'll have tons of space for my stash!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM

Since I have become a quilter, I have spent a lot of money on "stuff" I had to have.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM

Since I became a quilter I have decluttered junk in the house, cleaned out drawers and closets, given away nicknacks....BUT....I have filled them with quilting stuff. I even put my bed on lifts so I could put boxes of quilting items under it.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Since I become a quilter many things have chagned but you have all mentioned them but:

Since I've become a quilter I am not afraid of the insomnia anymore; I just get up and go happy to my quilting room.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
Since I've become a quilter...I will pay more for a yard of fabric than I would a nice top or piece of clothing! I will go 25 miles out of my way to go to a quilt shop... I will work in my sewing room from 8-2 then hurry & make the bed & throw something on the stove & do dishes to make it look like I've done something for the day! I will also solve some of my 'quilting problems' at 2 a.m. when all is quiet & I can think uninterrupted! And since I've become a quilter I have met some of the greatest people I could have ever dreamed of meeting! Quilters are the bestest!
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHeeeeeeeeeeEEEE.......Yes, it gets to be 5 p m and hubby will be home at six so I whip through the house...........LOL!!! I am SO LAUGHING WITH YOU because you caught me!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :mrgreen: