Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Bias Maker >

Singer Bias Maker

Singer Bias Maker

Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 PM

Well, for those interested, it is selling for $40.00 off starting Sunday at Jo-Anns. I am definitely going to get one now. I thought they hadn't come out with multiple sizes for strips, but it is good to hear they have. Thank you for the feedback.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:11 PM

It comes wit the maker that you can put a 2" strip in. It says 17/8 but I like to use more. This size works great for my needs.

I was trying the strip maker and wish you could slow the speed down but no way. I think if you just keep going and not stop it might be straighter. Anyone else try it?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Hancocks has had the Simplicity tape maker. They got in the attachments but no machines before christmas. It was $99.95. Was in there one day & a lady used a coupon & got it for $60.00 plus tx. Have seen it demostrated & I think it could be real useful.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28 AM

I have the Simplicity of both the Bias tape maker and the cutting machine. Tape maker is a keeper and after getting on the sight for the Rotary cutter will give more practice. I've only given it 20 mins. and seem to be getting better. Will keep you updated
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I think I paid about $80 for mine. It works great and saves me a lot of boring folding and ironing and a lot of time so it was a very good buy. :D :D :D . I have sold enough pre made custom binding to guild members to pay for the machine several times over. Custom fabric 1/2" pre made bias binding for a king size quilt sells for $15 at quilt shops. I make 2 1/2" binding for a king size for guild members, they provide the fabric they want it made from.
great info.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Bella - I have the Bias Tape Maker and I can NOT figure out how to threat the 2 1/2" strips into the tip so that it will just fold the fabric strip in half. I know that it is supposed to feed in from the side. The rest of the tips work really great. What am I doing wrong? :roll:
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned

go here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp3ouhsqK6M

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inH4o...eature=related
Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Thank you for the links. But.... these links show the tape maker using the smaller tips that fold both outside edges of the strip to the center. The newest tips - called Quilt Binding tips, are supposed to fold the strip in half. The directions say to insert the fabric strip into the SIDE of the tip to make the strip fold in half. I have tried and tried and I can NOT get that strip into the side of the tip to get the strip started folding in half. Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM

No help there. I do want to update on the strip cutter. I kept noticing that the cutting blade wobbled so there was no way to get a perfectly straight edge. Took it back and got another but it did the same thing so took it back and got my money back. I wanted it for quilting stips and you really need them sratight. If it was just for Bias strips it would have been ok.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I think I paid about $80 for mine. It works great and saves me a lot of boring folding and ironing and a lot of time so it was a very good buy. :D :D :D . I have sold enough pre made custom binding to guild members to pay for the machine several times over. Custom fabric 1/2" pre made bias binding for a king size quilt sells for $15 at quilt shops. I make 2 1/2" binding for a king size for guild members, they provide the fabric they want it made from.
So what do you charge your guild memebers to make these if they provide the material? Do you cut the material or hasve them pre-cut it? Thanks.