Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Futura sewing/embroidery machine >

Singer Futura sewing/embroidery machine

Singer Futura sewing/embroidery machine

Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Some of the early models did have trouble with something in the bobbin case. I don't know how or what eventually solved the issue. I remember them talking about it a lot on the yahoo group but mine never had any problems other than operator headspace--LOL.
I have never had big issues either.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Some of the early models did have trouble with something in the bobbin case. I don't know how or what eventually solved the issue. I remember them talking about it a lot on the yahoo group but mine never had any problems other than operator headspace--LOL.
That was my problem. I had to send it to the factor to have it repaired. It spent more time getting repaired than doing any embroidering. Now the only thing I use it for is to enlarge my designs. :)
Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 PM

I have the Futura CE-350. It is my only machine newer than 1970s. :mrgreen: It was a Christmas present, year before last, and I didn't use it much for the first 6-8 months. Now I use it all the time, for embroidery mostly. It took me a little while to get the threading so it didn't beep all the time, but now it rarely beeps.

I like it, although it's the only embroidery machine I've used. I like the computer interface. The computer screen is much easier to see than those tiny screens on some of the machines I've seen.

My Futura has been in the shop exactly once, for her annual checkup.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jlm5419
I have the Futura CE-350. It is my only machine newer than 1970s. :mrgreen: It was a Christmas present, year before last, and I didn't use it much for the first 6-8 months. Now I use it all the time, for embroidery mostly. It took me a little while to get the threading so it didn't beep all the time, but now it rarely beeps.

I like it, although it's the only embroidery machine I've used. I like the computer interface. The computer screen is much easier to see than those tiny screens on some of the machines I've seen.

My Futura has been in the shop exactly once, for her annual checkup.
I like that (using your computer monitor) feature too.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM

I am having problems with not being able to open my design browser, no matter what I do it closes down the whole program on the computer. Even the company has not been back in touch with me about the problem. Any help out there.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Is everything thing plugged in and turned on? If your connection is a little loose it could do that.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM

That has happened to me before. Rebooting the computer helps.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Everything is tight and the rest of the program runs fine. It embroiders beautiful. I made a quilt top for a baby girl and it turned out so pretty. Unfortunately the mom had a boy. So I look at it as a quilt in waiting.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by pamdux
I am having problems with not being able to open my design browser, no matter what I do it closes down the whole program on the computer. Even the company has not been back in touch with me about the problem. Any help out there.
I had to get an update from Singer. After the update had to be installed, I had to reinstall the basic program. It was a pain in the neck, and took me about 30 minutes on the phone with Singer,(making sure that they emailed me the update) But it did work after that. I still DON'T LIKE my singer
:!:
Old 08-26-2010, 01:15 PM

I have one and also have issues with the embroidery at the beginning of each color change. Tells me the thread is broken, but I just pull the end of thread tight and start it again and it's fine. I do wish I would have researced a little more before I bought it though... there are so many things this machine can't do...