Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Machine Date and Manufacturing area >

Singer Machine Date and Manufacturing area

Singer Machine Date and Manufacturing area

Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I tried to look one up today and it seems they've changed it again! :x Now all it shows is Serial Number and Year of Issue! Maybe someone can track it down on a new page. I'm watching...
Yes, I saw the same thing today. They removed the charts where you can look up your specific model by the serial number. Now all you can see is what year it was made. I don't like this at all, and I sent them an e-mail saying so!! It is not nice that they took it down.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I tried to look one up today and it seems they've changed it again! :x Now all it shows is Serial Number and Year of Issue! Maybe someone can track it down on a new page. I'm watching...
Yes, I saw the same thing today. They removed the charts where you can look up your specific model by the serial number. Now all you can see is what year it was made. I don't like this at all, and I sent them an e-mail saying so!! It is not nice that they took it down.
I got an answer from Singer today... :thumbdown:

Yes, you will have to write or call.
To <virtual.bernie> <[email protected]>
cc
09/16/2011 05:55PM
Subject RE: [singerco.com] Machine manufacture date and model number

Are you saying that if I want to know if I have a Singer 15, 66, 27, 127, etc. I have to call or email you every time? Seems like backward technology to me. I already have certificates for my 6 vintage machines but the certificates do not state what the MODEL is, it only states what year it was issued.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 3:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [singerco.com] Machine manufacture date and model number

Thank you.

You can research serial numbers via our website.

Go to www.singerco.com. To the right of the SINGER 160th Anniversary emblem, click on “See More”, then go to “Learn About Your Vintage Sewing Machine”, and complete the data in each box. This will give you a Certificate with the year your machine was manufactured.

You can get additional information on your machine by either emailing us at [email protected] or by calling our Consumer Affairs Department at
1-800-474-6437 - Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM CST.

Cordially,
Singer Consumer Affairs
SVP Worldwide

[email protected]
09/16/2011 12:21 PM
cc

Subject: Machine manufacture date and model number

Machine manufacture date and model number
Comments: I belong to a quilt forum that is almost 35,000 strong. We have quite a few members that are vintage Singer collectors and these members are growing daily! We used your lists of vintage singers to identify which machines we had and therefore were able to track down the manuals for them. Now once again you have changed it, deleting the model numbers rendering it almost worthless to us. Please consider returning the old list. Thank you for any consideration you give to this request.