Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer model 500A Rocketeer >

Singer model 500A Rocketeer

Singer model 500A Rocketeer

Old 03-08-2021, 10:26 AM

Default Singer model 500A Rocketeer

There is a Simger 500A "Rocketeer" for sale local to me. Does anyone know if that's a good machine? Congress in a cabinet and looks really clean etc. Has accessories, $100. I know that some Singers are very good, but I seem to remember the model numbers being 501 and the 401. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2021, 12:57 PM

I have a Rocketeer. I believe it's a 503. I've used it a lot and it's a very nice machine. It has cams for decorative stitches (I've never used mine) but it has a built in zig zag. I pieced the king sized quilt I made for our bed on it and also one of my other quilts. My husband bought mine on ebay for considerably more than $100. I'm sure. But as I said it has all the cams and accessories. It doesn't have the original manual, but the seller had a copy of one that he included. The machine I have was in excellent condition when it came to me. Even my old sewing machine repair guy commented on that when I took the machine to him to replace the light bulb that burned out and I couldn't get it out of the socket.
Old 03-08-2021, 02:45 PM

I also have a 503 and 2 - 400s. I really like both of them. They are basically the same except for looks. The weak spot on the 500 series machines is the top and the "face" cover. They are weak, often broken and cannot be replaced, so if it's broken, know that you can't fix it.

I would offer her less, but if I didn't already have too many machines, I'd buy a nice one in a good cabinet for $100.00.

bkay

Old 03-08-2021, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Yes! It’s a great machine with that wonderful ‘space age’ look!
Old 03-08-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes! It’s a great machine with that wonderful ‘space age’ look!
That's why I wanted one! I love the space age look!