Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
Cant compare those 2 brands. No comparison

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I haven't used a Singer since my Mum used to let me go on her handcrank when I was a girl BUT I will add a big vote for Janome - mine has never let me down (the 6600) touch wood!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Janome hands down!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 AM

Janome 100%!!! My machine tech. says it is the ONLY machine worth looking at!!!! I have Husqvarna but am seriously considering trading for a Janome!! (Even talking nicely to Santa!!!) :lol: :thumbup:
Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM
mim

thanks everyone -- I will call the Janome dealer tomorrow and order -- they only have the floor model right now. BTW -- they are also a Bernina dealer so if I need a tuneup sometime, I will already have a dialog going with them
Mim
Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM

I don't personally know either of these machines, but I wouldn't buy a NEW Singer, an old one, yes, so in my honest opinion I would go with the Janome.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 AM

Hey everyone....I beg to differ on this post...I have a Singer Futura quartet.....and I love it.....I got it because I wanted an embroidery machine...and the ones I did look at were way over my budget....I could not afford $3,000-7,000 for a sewing machine.....so I waited till I could find one that met my needs...and last Oct on hsn I found her......she not only does embroidery but reg sewing, quilting and serging....with it also came hyperfont for your monagraming,photo for your photos and autopunch...also the embroidery designs are awsome you 350 and then if you want more this machine is compatible with all other machines...meaning if I want Bernina, janome,husquavana etc I can use any of their software or just plain d/l them online.....this machine will and does auto bobbin winding....the lights on this machine will blow you away.....I had some issues with it in the beginning but they were all User Error so I can go on and on about this...oh yes forgot to mention the hoops two sizes are included 5-7 and the 12-15 , you also get a package of every possible foot you can imagine....Iam still learning things with this machine.......hsn just had it again last week which they added to the newer one editing software....all the software thats included with this machine cost more then the machine so you tell me...I also want to add one more thing about singer.....it really isnt fair they are getting the bad reputation that seems to be going around...its like buying a car if it dont work when you get you take it back so lets give Singer a break here...Nothing is perfect in this world we live in.....things improve and sometimes they dont......God bless everyone and keep on sewing.........your friend Trish
Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 AM

JANOME, Singer has lost it's touch on machines.