Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sisters Quilt Show >

Sisters Quilt Show

Sisters Quilt Show

Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 AM

It was probably everyone trying out the Vodka recipe for spray starch.

Or, maybe they have finally discovered "the source" of all those creative juices flowing... ???
Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
Geez...things must have really changed since I had the great good fortune of attending this show with my dh. I admit that it has been quite a few years ago, but I know that we weren't drinking and I had no awareness of any others that were either.
\

BobbinWinder, I have to agree with you. I've been to the Sister's Quilt show several times and I'm truly unaware of any drinking going on. They do have saloons/taverns in town but I just haven't seen anyone drunk or out of line. I'd say there are more folks "drunk" on ice cream and soft drinks and snowcones (Oh! ya, fudge is a biggy there too) because in July in SISTERS it's hotter than a pistol! Up to 119 degrees during the day and that area boasts of having had FROST at night at least once or twice every month iof the year! Let's hope the drunkards are partaking of ice cream and snowcones, not alcohol.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:31 AM

Anyone noticed that for a town with such a prominant quilt show that there's only ONE quilt shop in Sisters? I know it's a small town, but it just seems hinky somehow... like no one else has picked up on the idea that quilt stores could be profitable in a town that hosts a few thousand quilters every summer?

On another note...attendance at the quilt show was down by half this past summer...the economy has hit there too... :(
Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM

Charlee, great photo!
Sad to hear but imagine that the show will pick up again soon. The couple shows we've dealt with out here say if they can make the same as the year before, they're doing REALLY well. Travel is down considerably as people find things to do closer to home.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
It was probably everyone trying out the Vodka recipe for spray starch.

Or, maybe they have finally discovered "the source" of all those creative juices flowing... ???
Vodka spray starch?.......Where is the recipe?.....LOL
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 AM

I have attended the past two years, but only the display, which I would spend the whole day looking at, then my DH would drive me home. Totally missed any partying!! This year I will spend 5 days at classes, but spend the night at a friends cabin and don't expect to see any action. It's fine with me.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:29 AM

it must be a ll the people that are so bored they just have to make up rumors because they are so jealous of our talentoh well i here even is a good thing promps a person to do somthing better that gossip
Old 03-20-2010, 01:58 PM

I didn't say the quilters were the ones doing all the drinking. The spouses sitting in the bar or saloon are doing it all.

Besides if in fact it was a few quilters nipping at the bottle. Wouldn't the quilt blocks be a little crooked and off center?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I seen that the quilt show in Sisters, Oregon is in July.
Which leads me to this tidbit I heard while we were at my husband's doctor appointment last week.

I was reading a quilting book and he told us that he heard there was more drinking and booze sold during the quilt show, than at the rodeo the month before.

Wonder who was doing all the drinkin'?
Goes to show you - - you can hear ANYTHING in a DRs office - - doesn't necessarily mean it is true <g> <wave>
Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Yes, true -- but there's not a heck of a lot to do in this area during the winter EXCEPT quilt............therefore they have a lot to show!!!! :D