Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SITD foot?

The are 2 different feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    The are 2 different feet.
    Oops! They are 2 different feet.

Blog Entries
    I know. I own one and ordered the other tonight. My LQS was out of slant shank SITD feet, so I ordered one online. I'll let you know how it works.

Could someone please post a pic of an SID foot, I know not what one looks like. I usually use my walking foot for quilting or zipper foot for dressmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    I just got a PM telling me that a SITD foot and a walking foot were the same. Also that I should know what shank my machine has. No comment.
    You received some information that is incorrect. The SID foot and the walking foot are two entirely different feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy-lou
    Could someone please post a pic of an SID foot, I know not what one looks like. I usually use my walking foot for quilting or zipper foot for dressmaking.
    This is what one type of SID foot looks like. This is for the snap on foot.

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ed...-XC6797151.php

Blog Entries
    I use one on my Featherweight and I love it. SID is much harder to do using a free motion foot. SID makes for a much nicer line.

Thankyou Beth,
    Both my machine have snap on feet. I recently bought a walking foot it cost 49 AU Dollars at Spotlight. They were 64 at LQS's.
    This site has resonable prices.

My son bought me one for my birthday, I was amazed how well it worked. I use it for following lines too.

Thankyou Beth,
    Both my machine have snap on feet. I recently bought a walking foot it cost 49 AU Dollars at Spotlight. They were 64 at LQS's.
    This site has resonable prices.
    You are very welcome. Funny I picked the one that your machine took. Have a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ed...-XC6797151.php
    And not to be confused with the 1/4 inch foot. The SID foot has the guide
    about 1/4" from the right edge as you can see in the above pic. Usually
    the 1/4 inch foot has the guide right on the edge but I've also seen some
    that don't have any guide. You probably can google the model of your
    machine and add SID foot and you will find which one fits yours.

Blog Entries
    That site had some nice instructions. I am getting excited. This quilt has to be done right. Why I agreed to make one for a fundraising auction when I am a beginning quilter, I'll never know. Because it's a cause I feel strongly about, I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I have one for my Janome 6600 and I love it.

me too...and i use it a lot.

I purchased the SITD foot for my Janome 6600 and find I don't even use it. I wasn't happy with the results and went back to using my open toe foot.

community benefactor
    Dove, That is a beautiful quilt. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    Love my sid for my viking, use it all the time, it clips on my walking foot and works great
    Feffertim do you have the new viking walking foot with five different feet that you can attach to it like the sid, 1/4 guide and I forget what the other three are. I just looked at that at the dealer. Was very expensive and I wondered if it was worth the money. I didn't want to buy another gadget that I wouldn't use. Could you tell us more. I have the Designer I

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    I have the SID attachments for all of my machines. I really like the way they make my seams look after stitching. I have a lot more precision when I use them. I wouldn't even try to do it without the attachment now that I have gotten used to using them.
    Do you use the sid foot without a walking foot when quilting on your quilt?

Super Member pumpkinpatchquilter's Avatar
    Hmmm, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a stitch in the ditch foot. Neat. ;) I have used my walking foot in the past, which I really don't like for quilting or piecing or anything really. I don't do SITD much but when I do I have used my clear open toe foot...it seems like it's not that different from the SITD foot other than the opening is wider and it's clear.

What would be the advantage of using the SITD foot over the open toe? They look so similar to me, but maybe there is something I'm missing.

[quote=featherweight]

Beth,
    Thanks for the link......I have one of these and didn't even know what it was! I'm one of those people who never buy "gadgets".
    I read for years about 1/4" feet and thought it was nuts to buy a foot for making this seam, until I realized I couldn't sew a straight seam to save my life. I bought one and voila, my seams are now almost perfect!
    So , I must go find this sid foot and try it out.

Thanks all for this topic.
    Roxanne

I've had one for quite a while and probably never used it until Sunday. I've used my walking foot extensively in the past. Sunday I was in the process of placing a binding. I reached the point of hand catching the binding to the back of the quilt---and realy did not want to go that route---was really tired, wanted to get it done fast and knew it would have very hard use, many washings. The upshot of doing this? I LOVED USING IT AND THE RESULTS FOR THIS PURPOSE! :-)

I do and it works great! I have a Pfaff 2170, and many of my beginning machine quilting students have purchased one and loved it. Can you SITD without it? Sure, but it's a great reason to buy a new foot!

I have the SID foot for my Viking Diamond, and it snaps onto the bottom of my walking foot. It's fabulous for me because now I can quilt my own tops.

Great invention!

I love both the walking foot and the SITD foot. But there were times I wished I had the advantages of both so inquired at the shop where I bought my Janome. Yahoooo! There is an attachment that snaps into the walking foot that converts it to a SITD as well. I used it for the first time this week and it works like a charm. SITD goes so much faster and more accurate, as well. Advantages of both feet in one. It is labeled a Ditch Quilting Guide and Adjustable Quilting Guide so there are 2 attachments in the one package. I've not used the second attachment. I might mention, too, that the snap-in part of the housing on the walking foot had broken off mine quite awhile back and they have replacements of that so you don't have to buy an entirely new walking foot. (I have not tried it but the dealer told me that this will work on the featherweight machine, too, since both are low shank machines.)

Blog Entries
    I have both the SITD and 1/4" attachments. Love them both. I can't seem to set straight stitching unless I use them. Neither was very expensive.

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by illinois
    I love both the walking foot and the SITD foot. But there were times I wished I had the advantages of both so inquired at the shop where I bought my Janome. Yahoooo! There is an attachment that snaps into the walking foot that converts it to a SITD as well. I used it for the first time this week and it works like a charm. SITD goes so much faster and more accurate, as well. Advantages of both feet in one. It is labeled a Ditch Quilting Guide and Adjustable Quilting Guide so there are 2 attachments in the one package. I've not used the second attachment. I might mention, too, that the snap-in part of the housing on the walking foot had broken off mine quite awhile back and they have replacements of that so you don't have to buy an entirely new walking foot. (I have not tried it but the dealer told me that this will work on the featherweight machine, too, since both are low shank machines.)
    Thank you for this info. I like my sitd foot but really need the walking foot, too. Maybe I don't baste well enough or something. I am going to look for this for my Janome right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast