Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Slipknot wall hanging (my brain won't shut up with ideas) >

Slipknot wall hanging (my brain won't shut up with ideas)

Slipknot wall hanging (my brain won't shut up with ideas)

Old 11-30-2010, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
I think the black crackle fabric would look great teamed with the Tshirts. I know you have gone off the idea of the studs, but how about one largish stud in each corner of every Tshirt...kind of "nailing" each graphic on. Like the idea of metallic thread...will add extra dimension. This is going to be a really amazing quilt. Maybe of those really industrial looking metal rods or chain would really set it off. I am really looking forward to what you come up with.

One of the best things about this group is diversity....each quilter puts a little of themselves in each one...and as quilting is an art form, those differences should be celebrated.
I'd have to find studs large enough to do it. My sashings are going to be 1". But I think the quilt will be good without the studs. Though I like the idea of the industrial looking metal rod.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 AM

Just paid for 8 Slipknot shirts I bid on. Got out bid on another shirt, but got another two days on it. If I play my cards right I think I can swoop in with a bid in the last minute. Or find another shirt that I can buy with the $10.32 I have left on PayPal. I'm mad because currently the next cheapest shirt is the SAME exact shirt and its $10.99 total...couldn't have made the shirt an even $7 (with $3 shipping)? Grrrrr.

I can't wait until next paycheck for the shirts because the all shirts determine the size of the quilt and therefore how much fabric I have to get for the borders. And with only 25 days left wil Christmas I can't waste any time.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 PM

I got one of the Slipknot shirts today! I should be getting the rest within the next week or so. I'm so excited!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I finally got all the shirts! Should be sending out my label fabric today. Going to the LQS before work to get fabric for the borders and backing of the quilt and a little extra to furoshiki Andrew's birthday present. I'm hoping that I can find a black on black fabric I like that's not solid...I wasn't able to get the crackle fabric. If I have extra time I'll go to the tattoo parlor and set up a date for the tattoo I want...its going to be my Christmas present to myself.

As soon as I get this thing underway I'll post pictures.