Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Small quilted items >

Small quilted items

Small quilted items

Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Default Small quilted items

I have plans to make some small quilted items, starting in January, 2014. I am hoping to sell some of them at our spring flea markets. I would appreciate your help with suggestions and tips. I do have some ideas but can use more. Mostly, I want to do things that are quick and easy and that will be popular....not trying to make big bucks...just doing it as an experiment and for the experience.
Thanks for your help.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
RST

Bib, burp cloths, diaper changing pad set. Eyeglass cases. Table runners, place mats, table toppers, mug rugs. Hot pads. Small zippered pouches, pencil cases. Ipad or kindle cases. Mini wall hangings suitable for a cubicle, quilted postcards. Toddler busy books, play mats, shopping cart handle covers. Luggage tags and handle covers. Pet mats.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

I saw my friend sell at a craft show. She had really cute aprons and potholders. She wore one and that one sold the quickest. It just depends on whether you like to sew or quilt.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM

RST seems to have covered it all, but Iwill add baked potato bags and bowl potholders (place the bowl in the holder, which is curved to hold the bowl, place in the microwave to heat, and then just pull it out without burning yourself).
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Aprons are pretty pricey to make due to how much fabric they take. I would stick to small things that don't take much fabric. Micro mitts, pot holder, casserole knob insulated covers, casserole carriers, oven towel dresses, spring and summer table runners.....
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM

The micro wave soup bowl holders are popular in this area, only takes a 10 inch piece of fabric. I can make 4 in an hour.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
RST seems to have covered it all, but Iwill add baked potato bags and bowl potholders (place the bowl in the holder, which is curved to hold the bowl, place in the microwave to heat, and then just pull it out without burning yourself).

I would add - the kleenex holders, (tutorial on the QB) and the bowl potholders (tutorial on the QB) that mckwilter mentioned too.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:45 PM
RST

Bean bags, rice filled pocket warmers, long neck roll style rice filled warmers. Pin cushions, needle cases, sewing machine covers. TV remote caddies. Fabric bowls. Cushions/pillows/pillow cases. Car seat covers, car seat strap/seat belt covers.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM

Casserole carriers are easy and do not take that much fabric. Especially if you use squares from your fabric stash.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 PM

wine bags easy fast and if you mark them cheep enough they sell real fast. sold over 100 in one day. used my scraps to make them so I had a wide variety.

pot holders everyone needs. a kitchen towel with a rectangular square of printed fabric sewn on one edge, like a checkered towel with cherries or apple print going across one end (like a fancy bathroom towel only its a kitchen towel easy fast fast and can be pretty cheap too).