Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: small quilts

what do you do with small quilts ? that is, the ones too small for any thing. do they just hang on the wall or what?

wall hangings, table toppers, add a simple fabric backing to make a cover for a sofa pillow, etc. In addition, our guild takes those quilts and pairs them with a stuffed animal then gives them to the police or local children's shelter for giving to kids in need. Cops keep one or two sets in their car in case they have to deal with family crises and take kids out of the home, etc.

I have taken a few small quilt tops and put them together as a sampler quilt!

give them to dd for her barbies/dolls

And if they're just small pieces that your practicing different stitches on, they can be donated to animal shelters for the animals to sleep on.

Blog Entries
    All of the above, and also to hang on the backs of chairs too, replacing doilies :D:D:D

I am thinking about making some for the backs of my hardwood dining room chairs. They have an arch to them, so I was thinking of making stained glass pieces, and incorporate the arches into the design :D:D:D

I mat and frame them, frame them unmatted or mount them on artist's canvas (wrapped or painted) and treat them as the art they are. Keeps them from looking like pot holders and placemats hanging on the wall! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I mat and frame them, frame them unmatted or mount them on artist's canvas (wrapped or painted) and treat them as the art they are. Keeps them from looking like pot holders and placemats hanging on the wall! :lol:
    I love this idea! :thumbup:

Lots of great ideas! Thanks everyone!