Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: snaps in wallet

snaps in wallet

I would like to buy in the hoop wallet pattern from emb. garden and I have seen some wallets posted here.
    What kind of snaps can I use? Joanns; etc.? I've made a Wonder Wallet by Lazy Girl designs (many in fact), but I just added velcro with a button sewed on front; works good though. The wallet from emb garden is in the hoop with quilting done on it and a snap added. I would have just ordered snaps but don't have time. Thanks for help.
    Just had a thought!!! Will magnetic snaps demagnetize credit cards. Hmmmmmm. I just may stick to velcro.
    Last edited by sash; 04-26-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Power Poster
    I really like the closure that Sian from Kittenishbehaviour uses on her Necessary Clutch Wallets. She has a video on the NCW on YouTube.

Iíve been doing several of the phone wallets from Embroidery Garden lately and started with the Babyville Boutique snaps sold at Joannís and used the pliers to set the snaps. I found it took quite a bit of grip strength to properly set the snaps so ended up with my husband having to do it for me. The snaps were good but I had a lot of them to do and knew my husband would protest before very long.

I had read good reviews for KAM snaps so ordered their professional table press to install the snaps. Itís overkill really but at least I am able to put snaps in with it. Reviews Iíve read recommended the Kam Snap handheld pliers over the Babyville ones. I am able to set the Babyville snaps with the Kam table press and have had no problems doing it. So, depending on how many you plan to do, I would recommend investing in a Kam Snap setup. If you will only be a limited number of snaps Iíd probably stick with the Babyville brand.
    Last edited by Cactus Stitchin; 04-26-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have a KAM press and love it!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Banned
    I have the floral pliers from Kam Snaps and I bought a wonderful base/stand from a vendor on Etsy that basically turns the pliers into a press. So much easier this way without the expense of a press.

Cari

While I can't say much about the snaps mentioned, I can tell you that the magnetized closures I use do not affect credit cards. Sometimes they will affect hotel room key cards.

http://www.hakidd.com/product.php?iproductid=BU5630K

The link is the kind that I use a lot of the time. If I feel I need a stronger hold, I sometimes double up (use two layers per side vs one)
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Thanks for responses; I went ahead and ordered the Kam snaps and pliers set.

You won’t be disappointed. Kam snaps are great quality

Quote Originally Posted by sash View Post
    Thanks for responses; I went ahead and ordered the Kam snaps and pliers set.
    LilaKay...greatgramma to Brielle Mae