Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Snowball Quilt >

Snowball Quilt

Snowball Quilt

Old 08-27-2020, 03:53 PM

Y'all got me thinking - I have a bunch of voile from a stash purchase (I purchased a lady's entire fabric collection - 3 big garbage bags!) 25 pieces all different sizes of silky colorful voile. Could I cut into 6.5" blocks and snowball corners in white with 2.5" to make a top?

I'm not colorblind - but I am color stupid so its hard for me to figure out what goes together. There is no one line or color in the collection and sizes range from 9 - 15" WOF. I'm afraid if I make the blocks too small they will slide around too much during piecing.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:51 AM

The snowball block is so versatile and can be a stand alone or an accent block. I have used it both ways. I have used mostly 6.5" block against 12 1/2" blocks. They are great scrappy blocks too. Test out different sizes to see what your eyes say work best for you. This may surprise you!
Old 08-28-2020, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
The snowball block is so versatile and can be a stand alone or an accent block. I have used it both ways. I have used mostly 6.5" block against 12 1/2" blocks. They are great scrappy blocks too. Test out different sizes to see what your eyes say work best for you. This may surprise you!
My sister in Westland is an avid quilter. I've gotten her excited about the big stitch which she's going to try when she finishes the one she's working on now. In fact just ordered her the Big Stitch by Julianna Pope. I think she'll be even more excited when she sees how easy it is and how nice it looks.