Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So Excited About Thread >

So Excited About Thread

So Excited About Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Let's see..........mmmm......pay day is Friday. Jim's day off is Monday. We get groceries on Monday.......Can you see where this is heading? :wink:
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 PM

ok I see no problem with building a stash of thread. Think about this. Back in 1998 I started sewing for lots of kids in the 4H clubs and of course they all needed differant colors so thread had to be bought. When 1 spool was needed I would buy 2, this continued throught the years. So the thread you buy now is 4 times the amount I paid for it back then.
Another point is, my son's girls freind is now wanting to sew but can't afford a lot of the supplies, so I just point her to my stashes and let her pick what she needs.
She's happy, I happy to have been able to share it with her.
Morale of this story, you can never have to much of any sewing supplies.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 PM

Hold you back,,,,, I thought I would ride along with you!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:30 AM

About hoarding thread: I inherited a gob lot of sewing notions and threads from a friend who died a couple of years ago. He was a drapery designer & maker, had all sorts of stuff, most of it great.
However, I have run into a problem with the thread: lots of it is so old it's rotten, goes on the bobbin ok but top and bottom threads break with frequency when you try and sew!!!

Some of the thread was on wooden spools (anybody out there old enough to remember 35cent thread besides me???). Now I have saved some of my mother's spools because it reminds me of her, but wouldn't dare use it in a garment or a quilted piece.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 AM

HOLD YOU BACK ??? are you crazy ??? we are ALL enablers :lol: :lol: :lol: silly girl :lol: :lol: can we all come along next time? :lol: :roll: :shock:
Old 03-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
HOLD YOU BACK ??? are you crazy ??? we are ALL enablers :lol: :lol: :lol: silly girl :lol: :lol: can we all come along next time? :lol: :roll: :shock:
Well sure!! Together we can buy out the whole place. Then they will have to order more. ;)
Old 03-17-2010, 02:27 PM
dsj

As you can see already that this is not the place to go to if you need help in not buying fabric, magazines, or books. We are all weak in this area.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dsj
As you can see already that this is not the place to go to if you need help in not buying fabric, magazines, or books. We are all weak in this area.
This is a disease for which I hope there is no cure. :lol:
Old 03-17-2010, 09:20 PM
dsj

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by dsj
This is a disease for which I hope there is no cure. :lol:
So far no one on this thread has discovered a cure thank goodness and from what it looks like this is a very contagious, fast spreading, fever that attacks all sizes, shapes, ages, non-gender specific kind of epidemic. The symptoms are at least fun to have, no pain really, sort of in the pocket book, but that goes away quickly. Of all fevers to have this is the one I like the most.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 PM

And I am just sitting back over here smiling at the image of ALL OF YOU trying to charge down the aisle at the same time. I just hope there is enough thread to go around!