Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: So how many quilts are you working on?

So how many quilts are you working on?

Me? Oh well, I counted tonight and I have 7 in progress.

Please tell me I'm not the only one! In my defense, 3 of those are BOM's. Does that help? LOL
    Michelle

I have 12 quilts in progress. i just finished 1 for a Auction fundraiser. I am now working on a scrappy log cabin; that has no destination yet. No timeline , so no stress .

I,m working on finishing up (quilting) 13 quilt tops. I just finished 2 table runners, and like you I have also got 4 BOM that I am doing. I also just started doing a quilt block with all the blocks on point--just to try something different.

Blog Entries
    I have 15. That doesn't count a couple that are practice FMQ quilts and a couple of tops waiting to be quilted. I work on one till I get to a point that I need to figure out what to do next. (My own designs) Then I put it aside and work on another to give myself a chance to think it over. I've found that I'm not happy with the results if I hurry through something I'm having trouble with. If I put it aside I can come back to it with a fresh outlook. I also made several kits recently when I thought I was going to have to spend time in an apartment with my dad near the hospital where he'd receive radiation treatment. The tests came back better than we expected so no treatment needed. But now I have three or four projects ready to go.

Am I the black sheep here? I only have one...

A few years ago I decided to be very disciplined and to finish one quilt before I start the next. But you can be sure, there are at least 5 or 6 already planned in my mind!

About 15 in progress, I think. And 2 I'm actually working on, plus FMQ practice for Leah Day's Quilt Along.

I'm just a lightweight. I've got one double on the go and a lap quilt for hand sewing that I take when we go travelling in our Motorhome (off to Spain for three months later this month). More planned for Spring and Summer. If I had more than two on the go I think my head would explode.
    Annie

Only 2 for me - one is a king size hand applique for my sister which I have about a months worth of handquilting left to do and the other is a Bella Bella quilt which is being machined foundation pieced

no you are not the only one - normally I only have one on the go cos mine are usually done by hand, but got a bit dispondent so started preparing another one which will be done on the machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt View Post

A few years ago I decided to be very disciplined and to finish one quilt before I start the next. But you can be sure, there are at least 5 or 6 already planned in my mind!

Blog Entries
    Nothing at the moment. Now I have all my orders out of the way and can do whatever I want, I can't decide. Too many that I want to do. So for now I'm playing with my Accuquilt which I hadn't used even though I bought it last year. I'm cutting up my scraps.

I've started a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler that I'll be teaching at the local quilt store, a Turning Twenty cut out. (actually a UFO as has been cut out over a year), and one that was last year's BOM that is at the longarmers. We have completed 32 hours on it and are not through yet. It's a custom queen sized. I will be starting a new BOM with the Michael Miller clubhouse at the end of the end of the month. I am also almost finished cutting out two Bonnie Hunter full size quilts for a day and a half workshop I'll be attending in March. That makes my total five.

Quote Originally Posted by Borntohandquilt View Post

Nope - you're not the only one. I have one in the frame (another hand quilter here) that will be done in the next 2-3 weeks. I will be starting to put the next top together soon so that it will be ready to go on the frame as soon as the current one is done. I quilt while I watch TV or play on the computer, so always want one in the frame.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

Blog Entries
    I have many in various stages. I tend to work assembly line due to space issues. I piece when I don't have room to spread out to sandwich or do the quilting. I also cut out and "kit up" future projects so that I can just grab and go when I want to sew for a few minutes here and there. I've even got some Christmas projects cut out hoping I will actually get to them this year! LOL I've been really good lately about finishing up older projects. I've still got a few that need quilting, one that needs the borders & quilting. I don't have any UFO's...just many WIPs!

Three at this stage but will be starting another four (for caravan beds) on the weekend.

I have seven.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    I have 3 BOMs and two other quilts in progress. That's not counting about a dozen UFO's, mostly just waiting to be quilted.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

dd
    I counted 4 but I have really good reasons for all of them. lol
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

I just finished a new top so now I have 5 that need to be sandwiched and quilted. I did get one quilted and the binding is on, just needs to be washed. I love making the tops but put off quilting till I am in the mood. Guess I need to get in the mood ha ha
    Juliebelle

Blog Entries
    I just have two. But if you would have asked me last year, my answer would have been 6. I promised myself to finished these six before I start a new one. Now I only have two, one BOM and a wedding quilt for my daughter.

I have 2 ready to put the border on, 2 ready to quilt, 1 million piece 30's in the works, 1BOM and Sunday I am going to a Super bowl mystery quilt class all this on top of making pillow case dresses for our Church's mission in Ghana. I thought I was going strong but next to ya'll I am a beginner.

Blog Entries
    wow I am glad I am not the only one , I probably have at least 15 !!

Blog Entries
    This is the year of the quilt dragon for me. I have 6 charity quilts in various stages, 4 more cut out. Two farmer's wife, 1 hand pieced, almost pieced together, 1 machine, just blocks done. 1 graduation quilt only borders left. 1 hand pieced Amish throw, top almost pieced, 1 Craftsy bom. So I guess I am actively working on 15 at once. This is a first time that I have so many going at once, and I find that I like it, I jump from project to project. I am not getting bored with any one project. The 10 charity quilts have to be done by May. This does not count the UFO's - I am going to finish 6 of them this year. (I think I can, I think I can).
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I make it a rule to at least finish piecing one before I start piecing another. I am working on piecing 1 quilt top now, have the fabrics picked out to piece my next one, I have patterns in line for 5 more....then there is...
    3 tops in a pile to quilt and 1 that needs binding.

Did I see 12 up there somehwere? My sewing room would be a total mess if I did that!
    Fat Quarters have fewer calories than a Hot Fudge Sundae!
    http://debsquiltsandthings.blogspot.com/

I only have 2 . One quilt and one wall hanging both on a deadline. Im a newbie so I am trying not to get to overwhelmed with too many projects that I can't get done.

I can't seem to get motivated! I have a great stash, too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast