Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Remember That $180 Bernia Walkingfoot?

I went home this weekend to see my dad, I try to go see him at least once a month and I was going through mom's sewing machine cabinet to see if there were any feet my dad missed when he gave me mom's Bernia machine . . . . and in the bottom drawer underneath a bunch of stuff was a walking foot she bought. It is still in the box I don't think she ever used it. When she bought it is was only $90 now they are $180. I am so glad I didn't buy one last week. I also found the lever that goes on the outside of the machine that lifts the presser foot with your leg instead of having to reach behind the machine each time.

I dropped the Bernette off at the repair store - they think that it maybe the bobbin I was using but they are going to check everything out for me anyway.

Blog Entries
    :thumbup: WOO HOO good for you :lol:

Blog Entries
    Wow, I am so happy you found more parts for your sewing machine. That is great news!

Craftybear

Now you have $180 to spend in fabric!! :roll:

Blog Entries
    What great news :D:D:D

$180.00 for a foot? Wow

I paid 90 for mine too about 12 years ago. I also have the knee lift for my Bernina 930.

Blog Entries
    OH MY Gosh! that is too much money for a foot! i am lucky i pay no more than 20/25 for my janome 6600..and usually less!

i could never afford that..

Blog Entries
    I think I paid about $30.00 for mine over 15 years ago. Still works great. I have a Janome.

Everything Bernina is expensive and mine is an old wonderful Bernina. But will not buy a new Bernina they are way too expensive and then all the attachments are so expensive on top of that.

That's great, I'm so glad you found it!

That's great you found it and did not have to spend the $$$ getting one!!!

I'm so glad you found the foot. Saved you lots of money. You may need more fabric now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wow, what a blessing.
    Could you hear your mom's little voice telling you to hold off and look further? My DD say's this is my 'niggly' voice and she just knows she gonna hear it when I am long gone. I say, "Good"!

I think your Mom is very happy that her lovely Bernina machine is going to be quilting with you....She even lead you to the lifter and the walking foot...She knew where she left them ;)

I'm so glad you found it! That's why I don't have one for my Bernina!

I always wanted a Bernina but I knew the parts for them were so expensive. I am just blessed my mom left me such a wonderful legacy.

Excellent...The price of that walking foot is about the price of a simple machine...

I priced feet at a dealer and quickly decided I didnt need any right away, but then I looked on ebay and paid about half what a dealer wanted. Guess you just have to look.

Its a good thing you took a second look. Your dad probably wouldn't know it was a walking foot much less worth $180. I've heard Janome is more economically friendly when it comes to extra attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyM
    I went home this weekend to see my dad, I try to go see him at least once a month and I was going through mom's sewing machine cabinet to see if there were any feet my dad missed when he gave me mom's Bernia machine . . . . and in the bottom drawer underneath a bunch of stuff was a walking foot she bought. It is still in the box I don't think she ever used it. When she bought it is was only $90 now they are $180. I am so glad I didn't buy one last week. I also found the lever that goes on the outside of the machine that lifts the presser foot with your leg instead of having to reach behind the machine each time.

Good for you, my old one for my 16 yr old Bernina was less than a hundred. This last one was more than I wanted to spend but just couldn't get along without it.
    Glad your mom was telling you to go look at her stuff. Hope you get to go through all her sewing stuff. It is amazing what treasures you will find.
    I dropped the Bernette off at the repair store - they think that it maybe the bobbin I was using but they are going to check everything out for me anyway.

Wow, so happy to hear that you found the walking foot.

I just bought the delux walking foot for my babylock and it was $150. I thought that was high It works like a charm though. Well worth the money.

So glad you've been able to start using your mother's machine. That's wonderful about finding the knee lift lever and the walking foot! You will love the walking foot on that Bernina. Wishing you many happy memories while working on your mother's machine!

Glad your mom steered you to look for the attachments. More $$$ for fabric.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast